Top Posters In This Topic

• 5speedz34

• sl3196

• z34_nut

• GP1138

Guest TurboSedan
I think it could handle a 305hp LS1 ont he highway through 3rd and 4th

um, in a a 3400lb car with 218whp/220wtq....you just couldn't :wink:

have a safe trip......it looks like a very very nice car, even though it didn't dyno as "advertised"....I would have renegotiated the sales price after the dyno run though...

I told him over the phone nomatter what it runs on the dyno, the price is set. The dyno is purely informational.

I swore he said in the other thread that the contract was based on the numbers you quoted.....at any rate, the car looks/sounds damn good...drive safe Tony

TurboSedan we won't go there ok?

He left this morning. The car will run great, I am very confident in it. It is so smooth on the highway. It is weird to come home and not see it, and I will osrt of miss it. I will still hang around here, cuz of my red Z34, but Fiero here I come.

i'm happy for you and all Tony, but how in the fuck did you convince (sp) your parents to let you fly out halfway across the country to get a 13 year old car? My parents would have laughed at me, and told me to fuck off. Let me know how that worked out. Hope your trip is going well

i'm happy for you and all Tony, but how in the fuck did you convince (sp) your parents to let you fly out halfway across the country to get a 13 year old car? My parents would have laughed at me, and told me to fuck off. Let me know how that worked out. Hope your trip is going well

They've been calling him night and day :lol:

Yeah, sorry Adam. I really just wanted to get to Des Moines and you said you had to work, so I didn't call.

Overall, the whole trip was pretty good. I did get pulled over in Northern Colorado doing 88 in a 75, cop wrote me for 84 in a 75.

Then the car wouldn't start after it was on the side of the road! The trooper was nice enough to try and jump me and we also tried popping the clutch. After this I started wigging out because I was in the middle of no where! Well, after calling AAA I let the car cool down and it started! :bash:

So I drove through to Des Moines, and I guess the weekend I was there it was the largest state track meet in the country. :? And there where kids everywhere. I had a huge headache that night and I went to gas station to get some asprin because me head was going to explode and after I bought some I couldn't get the car started....AGAIN. So this time I said fuck it and figured it was the starter, so I waited till AAA to get there, and we hit the starter and it started! I went to the hotel and went to bed.

I had talked to Jay and Chris and their advice was just drive to Ben's place and change the starter there.

So I started the car and didn't shut it off till I got to Mishawaka :lol: , that drive was a easy one, except for driving by Chicago! So much construction! I got to Ben's and we found alot of retarded wiring from the starter to the postive cables.

We basically spent the weekend fixing starting problems and really didn't get to tune it. :roll:

We also found out all this was bad.

http://60degreev6.com/Sappy/aaronz34/ :shock:

I ended up just replacing a bunch of stuff this weekend.

Overall the car ran awesome, Nebraska and Iowa blow hugely.

The interior is out of the car right now and it needs a starter, and all that is currently getting done right now.

you still could have called me, my job is pretty easy goin.....i could have had a dentist appointment for all they knew....am i'm only 7 minutes from the interstate.....o well.

Damn, I feel shitty about it now. :cry:

I also didn't want to stop because I was afraid about the car not wanting to run again.

I would be pissed if I went across country and bought a car that ended up with a shitty starter and a hub that broke in two before I got home......you are certainly taking it better than I would, especially for the $ you paid for that car.

Who needs structural integrity? I have headers.
Thats what i was thinking.

Ya know after talking with aaron he;s not that bad of a guy, but after seeing the pics of how he sold the car to Tony, KNOWING HE WAS GONNA MAKE A LONG ASS TRIP, i'd like to kick the kid in the ball sack.

I would be seriously pissed off if I were you. I understand it's 13 years old or whatever...but damn...having a starting problem is VERY uncool, being out in the middle of no where sucks.

Such an amazing guy as Aaron, having the greatest Z34 to ride on this earth, with the headers built better than anyone could ever do, he really didnt take care of much anything else on that car.

Glad to see you made it home in one piece, cant say the same about the car

Such an amazing guy as Aaron, having the greatest Z34 to ride on this earth

yah he did, and apparantly he's had the wheels off more times than I've had sex (which must be like.....3 times a day every day since the car was new, cause I'm so hott) and doesn't notice suspension parts with missing boots as needing attention. That car wouldn't last a day in NY, at least in his hands :lol:

the altitude takes the pressure off the ball joints... :lol:

and who needs wheel bearings anyway? did the fucker (bearing) howl or what? I would think it handles much better now.. :shock:

Guest TurboSedan

holy crap :shock:

i would be pissed. get those poor excuse for a set of headers off there and go with stock exhaust manifolds. and replace that hacked subframe! that does not look safe at all :gone2far:

and then the starter, entire front end suspension needs to be replaced. yeah i'd be really pissed!

my god.

I would so be pissed.

so much for the almighty headers. Digitaloutsider said it well

Who needs structural integrity? I have headers.

:worship: I bow down to the almighty headers that need subframe hacking :worship:

then the starter going??? wtf is up with that. then the suspension parts?? god damn

Ive been saying some choice words in IRC, come to IRC and ill repeat what ive said. im going to have to stop here for now

John

:hugs his TOGs and RT/DP that only needed a new tranny dipstick (but came with the headers (and required no subframe hacking)):

PS: Link for IRC :wink:

I don't know about the subframe. Maybe it's safe notched like it is, even though that's waaay more than I remember reading.... :shock:

Starting problems, being a W, I'm not surprised.. but that is definitely something I'd want to KNOW about before taking a CROSS-COUNTRY JOURNEY!!!

The suspension... that's bullshit. Sorry, someone got gypped.

This is why I would have never sold my old car to anyone without making a full list of the shit that I jurry-rigged up (even in the past) because EVERY shade tree mechanic does shit like that once in awhile. But not to a car that you sell for $5k!!!

Why did I expect something like this to happen...?