Less than a week away.. UPDATE: Got Home Sunday 5/23

5speedz34

...I fly out to Denver to get Aarons Z34! I'm so excited!!!!

Right now Aaron is getting the 96+ Intakes on, its turning into a real PITA! When I get there I'm going to be spending a few days there, then we're going to dyno the car, then I'm on my way.

Here's my itenerary:

Thursday May 19th: Leave CS for Des Moines, IA Mapquest is putting it at 700 miles and 11 hours. I really shouldn't be but I'm getting worried about this first leg of the trip. I have alot riding on this, and I really don't want to get stranded.

Friday May 20th: Leave Des Moines for Ben's place by South Bend. This is only about 400 miles and about 4-6 hours. After I get there he is going to tune the car.

Saturday May 21st: Ben should be finishing tuning the car and I leave for home!

Hopefully Aarons car shouldn't run to rich for the journey home. I have to stay sorta low on the RPM's advised by Ben and Aaron. This is also why I need to get the car tuned. Also I hope that I won't have to upgrade the fuel system, but who knows.

My worst fear is something happens in the middle of no where. Alot of my family and friends think I'm nuts for doing this I just hope I can prove them wrong.

Well, I'll keep you guys updated take alot of pics, and make sure to keep in your prayers for a safe trip.

Thanks alot guys,

Tony

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5speedz34

• sl3196

• z34_nut

• GP1138

Good luck! Tell aaron to quit dicking around and get it done. He needs to prove the car on the dyno.

You will like meeting the RMCGP guys, they are all really nice. (and have faster cars then me) :lol:

I think that the stock fuel system will do fine...for now.

You'll have a safe trip I'm sure. And good luck! Your gettings yours before mine! and I bought it a little while ago.

Well, the whole intake thing kinda stems back to March.

Heres the problems:

A) Back in March we waited forever to get things done; parts got in late, a so forth.

B) Aaron goes to school in Oklahoma and lives in Colorado, so that didn't help

C) I know it's easy to get the intake on but we have to fab up a intake arm, make the LS1 TB fit, get about 5 Vacuum lines to fit, and a few coolant lines. The hardest part is the fabrication

So as it sits right now, it will be a act of God to get the dyno on the 15th, and I know it all blows. :roll: But I really just hope everything works out when I leave...

you missed a stop...

Saturday May 21st OR Sunday May 22nd: pit stop in Holland, Michigan before you go back home :wink:

I think that the stock fuel system will do fine...for now.

You'll have a safe trip I'm sure. And good luck! Your gettings yours before mine! and I bought it a little while ago.

Yeah, well ask Aaron, I have been trying to get this thing since last december.

It has been a up-hill battle that's for sure.

you missed a stop...

Saturday May 21st OR Sunday May 22nd: pit stop in Holland, Michigan before you go back home Wink

I probably will but it depends how I feel and how the car feels, but I would love too!

Promise us all one thing, you wont turn into an idiot and think your god while you own this car.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

good luck!

Thanks man!

If your taking I-70 through KS on your way back let me know, you'll more than likely be driving straight through where I live. I'll get the TGP out and shined back up and we can meet up for a short bit.

If your taking I-70 through KS on your way back let me know, you'll more than likely be driving straight through where I live. I'll get the TGP out and shined back up and we can meet up for a short bit.

No sorry man, I'm going to be taking I-80 through Nebraska.

I'll post the Mapquest route later tonight.

Promise us all one thing, you wont turn into an idiot and think your god while you own this car.

good luck hope ya can get the whole 260 whp aaron claims :wink: :wink:

Thanks for all the postive comments guys.

Aaron called me and he just waxed the car for a second time, and he said it looks awesome! I really can't wait!

Thanks for all the postive comments guys.

Aaron called me and he just waxed the car for a second time, and he said it looks awesome! I really can't wait!

theres times like these when I wish I was still in the mid west to see this car.

Well, maybe I'll have to come out to Cali.

All the way to Cali...oh what a shame!

I say We round up all of the mid-west w-body people, have a big convoy, and have a welcome party for Kyle.

And then we can all go to sonoma dragway, and get some E/T's down.