Would a 245/50/16 rub in a 95 w-body::UPDATE:: NO rubbing

blackbombshell95

I have a 95 GP 2dr FE3 suspension. I have ffp coilovers lowered to match the front ST lowering springs. I have 16 x 7 enkei rs6 rims. Would i have an issue with 245/50/16 tires rubbing???

I believe the 245/50/16 should fit on a 16 x 7 rim.

Corey

you need to get the 2.25 steering rack so the tires won't rub but you also have to have 8" wide wheels. also the 2.25rack(tgp/international) will increase your turning radius.

i'm not 100% but i belive you have the 2.75 rack in your car

if you got 235/55/16s it shouldn't rub i don't think but i'm not 100% on that either :lol:

i have 215/60/16 on my cutlass right now i think and it doesn't rub so i dunno :shrug:

They might rub a bit, seeing as you're lowered.

My TGP's pass. side front tire rub when turning because the header panel was tweaked to the pass. side ever so slightly and made the bumper kind of lean towards that side.

245/50/R16 (on the 8" rim) is as big as you can get but it's overdoing it for some cars.

I doubt it will rub at all.

I put tires of the same width, but 1" taller (245/45R18), on my Cutlass and the rubbing is minimal with a +37mm offset.

If you had +25mm offset like the TGP's, it wouldn't rub at all.

my 235/50/18's rub a tad on the inside of the fender well when i turn hard left and right (which is frequently :lol: ), but it isn't too bad......i wanted 245/45's, but i'm glad i didn't cause i'm sure they would rub.

235/50R18 probably rubs because it's a fairly tall tire at nearly 27.3".

My 245/45R18 (26.7" tall) doesn't rub at all on the passenger side for some reason, and rubs on the plastic splash shield on the driver side. I recently noticed it rubbed a little on unibody so I may have to check subframe alignment or go down to 235/45R18 (26.3" tall) which I have on the 94 and they don't rub anywhere at all.

245/50R16's are only 25.7" tall. It's the lack of height that makes me think they won't rub with the proper offset.

i have 245/45/16's on 8 inch wheels and im lowered w/ st and coilovers. the only rubbing issue i have is when i crank the wheel the whole way over it rubs a little on the inner rubber wheel well cover on the passenger side and thats because of width. you should be able to get away with 245/50/16's without rubbing issues. that size tire on 7's should be okay but may wear a little funny. the only time my 235/60/16's on 7's rubbed after i lowered it was when id hit dips and the suspension would tuck up in the whole way.

235/50R18 probably rubs because it's a fairly tall tire at nearly 27.3".

My 245/45R18 (26.7" tall) doesn't rub at all on the passenger side for some reason, and rubs on the plastic splash shield on the driver side. I recently noticed it rubbed a little on unibody so I may have to check subframe alignment or go down to 235/45R18 (26.3" tall) which I have on the 94 and they don't rub anywhere at all.

245/50R16's are only 25.7" tall. It's the lack of height that makes me think they won't rub with the proper offset

Exactly what i was thinking in reguards to Aweb80's comment."

Will a 245/50/16 change my speedo?

Exactly what i was thinking in reguards to Aweb80's comment."

Will a 245/50/16 change my speedo?

my speedo is just fine......always matches up with those radar signs that post your speed

well the caculator is saying that a 245/55/16 would be the best. hmm. that might rub.

now the tgps have 245/50/16. and i think they handle just fine. so should mine.

• 2 weeks later...