Our landscapers just HIT MY CAR!!!

Intlcutlass

I am at work right now , and the landscapers truck just backed into my car, and killed my door, broke my glass, and dented the fender.

I can't even open the door!

It needed a paint job in a bad way anyway, and what they don't know is I have a spade driverside door in my garage.. Heh he.

I can't tell if I am happy or pissed..... :bawl: :smilielol:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Intlcutlass

• White93z34

• dsgrntld187

• GP1138

I keep hoping a rock will break my windshield or something, so I can get a HUD-specific windshield as a replacement. That's about the only advantage I can see to my car's lienholder requiring full coverage on my Prix.

I hope if my car (the 95 to be specific :P ) gets hit, it's by a dumptruck or something huge that would destroy it... (without me being in the car of course!).

I hope if my car (the 95 to be specific :P ) gets hit, it's by a dumptruck or something huge that would destroy it... (without me being in the car of course!).

Exactly... I say total it or don't bother at all. I don't wanna deal with repairing a bunch of shit... if it gets hit, I want a check, 2 minutes to say goodbye, and a ride to the dealership.

Well , I love my car too much to trade it in...

I want it fixed , and fixed right.

I will try and take some pics later n post em with comparitive fixed pics.

Just got back from dropping it off. (where you pick up the loaner car)

Got me a silver grand am.... I already missed being able to change my radio stations from the steering wheel. And I found myself speeding too , no heads up display......Cant wait to get my Cutty back.

I will probably get 3 more variing opinions before I get an estimate, so I am not stressing over it yet....

Even if they do....I will pick off every part on the car before tuning it in and simply transplant , my HUD , Steering wheel controls , Dash , climate control , Borla , engine upgrades... everything......

I doubt they will....

Sucks man, we just went through that when someone ran a stopsign and hit my dad's 97 Lumina and sent it into a field. We keep it really nice and it is worth more than blue book and that was the only thing that saved it from being totalled. The adjuster said that it was kept so nice he "allowed" it to be fixed. It's like, yeah thanks asshole. This is why my Lumina stays on "glass coverage only." screw the rest :thumbsdown:

But about paying for insurance then trying to get the coverage to actually take effect when something happens is retarded. We have on our policy a rental car that they can give you if something happens. They wanted my dad to get an Aveo and make us pay half! My dad's like um NO.

Anyways, good luck with the repair/new car depending on what progressive decides they want to do.

If I loose my car because someone hit me , I am gunna snap....

Here are the pics of the damage....

driversdoor.jpg

door.jpg

allignment.jpg

I had this thing housed the majority of winter, because I was working on the body. Due to prio accidents, and people taking shortcust I found out when they repainted me car, they painted OVER THE PINSTRIPE , then simply laid another pinstripe onver that one!!! So I took that off. And I also took off that molding on the door. I removed my luggage rack, shaved my radio antenna, and relocated my rear markers up into the metal part of the body rather than in the bumper. I was going to make some figerglass molds of that to finish the job , then my Fiero's clutch died, so I was forced to start driving the Cutty again..... The body looks horrible, but the interior is still pretty darn good, the struts are 2 years old, the Borlas has been on there 1.5 years, it has a new windshield, I just replaced the rotted metal rockers panels with fiberglass, AND it still runs like a top.

well you could offer your door to them to keep costs down, that way all the shop needs to do is paint it to match and put it on and mabie put some glass in it. or mabie offer the door and get a repaint out of it.

Damn, that sucks man!!! I can relate, although yours looks worse!

Hopefully they'll give you enough that you can use your spare door and get some additional paintwork done.

If they total it, that would suck. What is the buyback price if they total it? What would really suck is if the buyback price is the same as the car's value.

Your car's paint looks similar to the '88 Int'l we gave to my friend. They painted over the rubber molding in the middle, and taped off everything above the pinstripe so when I took the pinstripe off, there was a paint line. On the other side, they painted over the pinstripe and repinstriped it so when I took that off, there were raised areas where the pinstripes went all the way down the side of the car.

Hi Shawn...

They are still working on the estimate, so I don't know if they will cover it, or total it or what. But when I went up to take the pics that you see there, they were telling me a little about the buyback proceedure, when a car is totaled, and I am not sure I can do it.... :cry:

I don't think they will (total it) , but I am also preparing for the worst case.....