2 Din Decks

1990lumina

Does anyone have any opinions to which deck I should buy. I'm buying it for my 85 RX-7 which has a 2Din size and I want to fill the whole dash. Right now it looks like shit because there is a really old Toshiba radio/tape deck with the big two knobs on either side lol.

I've been looking at Pioneer, Clarion, and JVC.

I'm a big fan of rotary volume knobs - if it doesn't have a rotary volume knob I probably won't buy it. So that being said I'm down to the Clarion deck. Does anyone know of any other manufactures out there with 2Din decks and have a rotary volume knob?

Here's a pic of what the dash with the current radio looks like. I'd like one that looks half ass in there..but it isn't really that big of an issue. I don't like that silver or polished aluminum. I like the non flashy type of decks like black, andn othing with a crazy display either lol.

Holy I'm picky!

Here's the pic:

0526_007.jpg

And here is what I'm looking at from Clarion:

ADB340MP_l.jpg

Link to specs:

http://www.clarioncanada.com/en/products/source_units/ADB340MP.html

Thanks for your input!

Hmm, if this should go in Other Cars section sorry mods..feel free to move it!

- Jeff L.

i like clarion head units infact i have one in my cutlass with my good sound system that has a AMP powering the speakers. fyi clarion head units sound fine without the amp but with an amp there is less distortion of the sound coming out of the speakers which is always a plus in my eyes.

he said he likes the rotater volume knob though so i think if he wants that he should go with the clarion 2 din head unit. but the final decision is up to him so what ever he chooses he should be happy with we can't really change his mind now can we?

Lol..well no you can't change my mind on the rotary volume knob.. but you could on different brands if if DOES have a rotary knob!

Thanks!

- Jeff L.