Woah, Thaats Actually possible?!?!?

streetdreams

I'm new here, and maybe this has been asked 100 000 000 times but I cant believe I saw a 3.8 SC in a older w-body, tom wright (I think) and that lumina is the first I've seen of it. I've talked with tech's at my work about it countless times and all the answers are that its too much $$$ for the motor and equipment and impossible to wire everything up since grand prix's are already bad for electrical&options. how do people go about this??? is there a wiring kit, do you just bring over the ECM/Harness with it and than plug in what you can and leav e what you cant, do you have to make your own engine mounts?, where do you buy a low mileage 3.8SC etc etc etc

I am stunned, I would love any and all information possible on this

The whole powertrain fits like a glove with no need for custom mounts (as long as you get it from a Grand Prix, Regal, or an 04 Monte or Impala.) The only major hurdles are the wiring, making a custom downpipe, plumbing the power steering lines, and having a set of custom axles made. I believe you might have to buy a custom PCM as well.

Head over to http://www.l67swap.com . They have some very useful info, plus a forum for you to seek answers to your questions. The owner of the site makes custom harnesses and axles (as long as you provide them, and for a fee.)

As a matter of fact, there are two cutty's for sale on here right now that have the l67 swapped in.

Drew

hrmm...i wonder why they are trying to sell their Cutties with L67s? :shrug:

As a matter of fact, there are two cutty's for sale on here right now that have the l67 swapped in.

Drew

hrmm...i wonder why they are trying to sell their Cutties with L67s? :shrug:

What's your problem with l67's?

I don't understand what the fuck everyone's beef it with the L67.. it's getting really annoying actually.
No shit. I don't see any l67 owners on here acting high and mighty. May be some on clubgp but this isn't clubgp.

did I stumble upon somthing? can someone enlighten me on what you guys are talking about. if someone dosent like transplanted 3.8SC's than why not? and as for 3.4DOHC theres more of them in the junkyard than there is on the road

Guest Anonymous
did I stumble upon somthing? can someone enlighten me on what you guys are talking about. if someone dosent like transplanted 3.8SC's than why not? and as for 3.4DOHC theres more of them in the junkyard than there is on the road

Calm down there Sanchez.... people get angry when the "OMFG You've got an L67" vs 3.4 things come up....

I dont think anyone on here HATES the l67, some may not like it. And I've got two 3.4's... they've got alot of problems... but still..

You, a newb, saying there's more 3.4's in the jy than on the road is going to get you in ALOT of trouble on here...

I dont think anyone on here HATES the l67, some may not like it. And I've got two 3.4's... they've got alot of problems... but still..

I hate the L67 guys cause I can't afford the swap myself! :bawl: Any one wanna donate theirs I could find a car to put it in within a matter of minutes :D

The 3800 SC's are just too fast, it's scary and makes people afraid. :)

Some people may not like your last statement, but there may actually be some truth to that. There are actually quite a few 3.4 DOHC's in the engine room of the salvage yard I like to visit. Most W-bodies I see around town are 3.1/3100 versions. Maybe those 3.4's were just so hyper-quick, it encouraged the drivers to become wreckless and total their cars. Yup, that must be it! :D

I hate the L67 guys cause I can't afford the swap myself! :bawl:

You've got a TSTE!!!!

Yeah, but every day I see another W in town and think: "Man that would be nice with an L67 in it"

lmao ya y'think ? maybe thats why I said it, people cant take some razzing they need to grow up. man I got a 2.8 for god sakes I seen snails kick my ass at stop lights big deal I am an adult and therefore am realistic and also I have a sense of humor so humor me here please. damn its a message board take it easy

before some serious stuff goes down like CAPITALS OR SOMTHIN lol

the 3.4 IMO is great for power shows what gm can do if they'd put the pushrods down for a second, BUT being what it is it's expensive to fix and I sure wouldnt attempt it considering all the mechanics I know that refuse to open them up

anyways opinions are just opinions so if they appeal to you than rock that mothfuc*er like its goin outta style

anyways opinions are just opinions so if they appeal to you than rock that mothfuc*er like its goin outta style

ahhh...ok dogg

anyways...back on the topic...

I hate the discssion between the 3.4 and the l67. But I do think Bossman429 said it most truthfully. I think the reasonn the 3.4 advocates hate the l67 is caus they think any nOOb or neone that has little knowledge of engines sees it as the "end all be all" to going fast.

Drew