Question on SuperTech 50/50 Coolant from Wal-Mart

KingArthur

Just finished install my engine into my Lumina. Bought some 50/50 pre-mixed AntiFreeze from Wal-Mart. When pouring it in, I noticed the odd green color. This wasn't the normal bright green, this was a brownish green. I looked at bottle it was in and it said it was a 5 year/150,000 mile coolant and can be mix with either orange or green. Now reading about the problem GM had with the orange coolant that was a 5 year anti-freeze should I get this stuff out of my engine. Has anyone here used super-tech 50/50 in there W-body?

It's their version of "any make, any model" ethylene glycol coolant. There's nothing bad about it, so much as I've heard. I have a bottle of that matter of fact (walmart is the only place where I can get coolant at 10pm that isn't $20) I bought the non-diluted one though, used about 1/4 gallon in my car.

I bought the new Prestone one ( prolly the same thing anyway ) and mixed it with the green previously in my rad ... no prob to date works perfect !

But prestone is prestone , personnaly i dont buy Tech2000 and SuperTech product cause wal mart $u¢k$

I paid $4.97 a jug for it. Pre-mix is suppose to be better because it has filtered water and mixed at the correct ratio. But this Super Tech has a brownish-green color. Not that the color really matters but I hope since this Super Tech can go 5 years like GM's Dex-Cool that its not made with the same ingredients. Dex-Cool has caused some problems with some cars.

You can buy distilled water, ya know! It's in the food aisles...

I've never personally had problems with SuperTech, but I've never bought their funny colored stuff that can mix with Dex-cool.

I have, however, had a ton of problems with Prestone fluorescent green coolant.

Not that the color really matters but I hope since this Super Tech can go 5 years like GM's Dex-Cool that its not made with the same ingredients. Dex-Cool has caused some problems with some cars.

I'm willing to bet the problem with dexcool is that people don't service the cooling system for 5 years. Like my green-coolant cars, I service my dexcool cars every 2 years/24k or less.

Not that the color really matters but I hope since this Super Tech can go 5 years like GM's Dex-Cool that its not made with the same ingredients. Dex-Cool has caused some problems with some cars.

I'm willing to bet the problem with dexcool is that people don't service the cooling system for 5 years. Like my green-coolant cars, I service my dexcool cars every 2 years/24k or less.

Really they shouldn't say 5 years or 100,000 miles if it can't. I bought a 2000 Pontiac Montana that had Dex-cool in it. After 2 years I noticed what look like mud in my radiator. I flushed it and replace with more Dex-cool. Two years later it started leaking coolant in to engine(Dex-Cool eating away at my gaskets). Lucky for me it wasn't bad enough that I couldn't trade it in without notice.

I'm one of the REALLY lucky people with a 3400 and Dexcool. Amazingly it hasn't blown the intake manifold gaskets, leaked anything into the oil, and still runs great. I'm still scared shitless everytime I gun it in that thing though..

I've never had any problems with Dex-cool, but then I never added anything to it either. I've read TSB's that say the sludge and brown crap in the coolant is due to stop-leak that GM Service Techs used to put in the coolant.

I'm one of the REALLY lucky people with a 3400 and Dexcool. Amazingly it hasn't blown the intake manifold gaskets, leaked anything into the oil, and still runs great. I'm still scared shitless everytime I gun it in that thing though..

WHy are u scared shitless? CuZ of the power? :lol: :lol:

FWIW: I can't find ne of the pre-mixed basic green stuff ne more. Also is there any way to check the Dex-Cool, to know it should be serviced before hand.

Not tizzy tha color really bitch but I hizzle since this Killa Tizzle can go 5 years like GM's Dex-Coo` tizzy its not made wit tha same ingredients to increase tha peace. Dex-Coo` has caused some problems wit some cars.

I'm will'n ta bet tha problem wit dexcoo` is that thugz dizzay service tha cool'n system fo` 5 years . It's your homie snoop dogg from the dpg. Like mah green-coolant cars, I service mah dexcoo` ridez every 2 years/24k or less . Bounce wit me.

:lol2: :lol2:

• 6 years later...

Wow, that is wrong.