Dirty Rockstar

Well, I decided to post here.. I have heard contradictions from all intellectual demographics.. Will Coilover rear struts cause integrity issues on a 90-94 Lumina? If they will, forget them.. I want the sportiest ride I can get in the Lumina, and also want a lower stance.. (I originally had no intention of doing this, but with the outrageous ideas already in motion, it will look sweet as hell).. Let me know on this, because after the Euro is decomissioned and scrapped, work will begin on the next greatest thing.. And the front suspension will be done before thje fresh 3.1 is dropped in.. Thanks guys.. I know there are some of us who like tweakin suspension.. I just can't afford to "tweak" in that department with so much other shit I have to do for the car, lol..

I want toknow.. Will rear coil overs cause integral issues.. i.e. destroying or weakening the wheel well, or whatever.. I just need to know so my cars ass doesnt snap and drag all the way home..

Guest TurboSedan
I want toknow.. Will rear coil overs cause integral issues.. i.e. destroying or weakening the wheel well, or whatever.. I just need to know so my cars ass doesnt snap and drag all the way home..

after almost 70,000 miles & 4 years of having the coilovers on my car, i believe there is NO issues regarding frame strength. i drive the car hard too, deliver pizza in it, carried lots of heavy loads in the trunk, lots of interstate trips, etc etc.

coilovers do have alot of other problems though....mostly the coil spring itself becoming completely unloaded when making u-turns, pulling into steep driveways etc. then when the car's weight comes back down on the spring it sometimes won't go into the upper spring seat right (it will go in crooked making tons of noise). this didn't happen to often (to me) and was the only time my coilovers would make any noise. with regular driving they didn't make any noise at all and i loved the ride quality and improved handling the coilovers gave. i'm not sure what rate spring i have but it isn't harsh at all or soft....perfect IMO with the KYBs. also the set screw that keeps the lower spring seat/ajuster nut piece locked in place is a JOKE :?

It lowers the car, but I wouldn't say it's a stock ride. I think airbe5car said he can feel the bumps more easily.

If it were possible to lower the car and retain stock ride quality, I'd definitely lower the 94. I won't lower it now because I don't think Penny cares too much for the stiff springs in my 89.