Changed my mind again, no more 400hp DOHC for me

Aaron

Well let me be the first to say....NO WHERES NEAR 260HP!! :lol:

I think the best I heard his Z34 get was 218HP 220 ft/lbs

Now my Torque monster TSTE put down 197HP / 280 ft/lbs at 3850RPM!! :shock: That was the best of three with 187hp / 269 ft/lbs on the last HEAT SOAKED pull. The first pull was a 2nd gear pull...the second with 1HP less and 3 ft/lbs less was a 3rd gear pull. Everyone there was at or very near their past numbers on that dyno and PFI's dyno.

Let the FLAMING BEGIN!!! :lol: :lol:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aaron

• GP1138

• 5speedz34

• TGPilot

Everyone's dyno was not near their past dynoes, they were way off actually. I posted a new topic, but here:

Well I just got back form the RMCGP dyno at DynoPros. A lot of people showed up, I was shocked. And a lto had really beautiful cars! Now to the good part, or in this case, not so good...

I got a best of 218hp and about the same tq to the wheels. Well this is respectable, it is off. I was realistically expecting 240whp, and hoping to break 250. In fact, a Z34 5-speed, with my identical mods, pulled 219, but he didn't have tuned equal length headers. I do. So my headers, the best ever made for a Z34, earn a -1whp rating? My ass. On top of this, a bone stock GTP that ran right before me got 168whp, and it has 65k miles. Yah, 168whp for a GTP...Again, my ass. Then the next guy, a modded GTP with a 75 shot, ran 50whp less than he did last time, and he added mods, and he ran 70whp less than what he was expecting. So although Bear is a great guy, and let me have 2 extra runs, I will not be returning. Every car that ran put down numbers that were not on par, yet he refused to admit it was his dyno, saying "If I had a dollar for every time a guys aid that..." I agree, but when 90% of the guys running put down numbers that are obviously off, there is a problem.

GSJon, who drives a stock Buick L67, pulled 215whp, and like 230-240tq. These numbers seem high, about 15-20whp higher than most L67s. So taking the other GTP's 168 run, we see over a 45whp difference. Now I realize there are freaks, but 45whp??? Common...Plus, GSJon ran a 16.0 at bandimere. I ran a 15.22 at PMI, which we can estimate is a 15.0 at Bandi. So I am about a second faster than Jon, yet I made only 3hp more, and much less torque. So assuming our nearly equal weight and hp, this means than torque has a negative effect on drag racing, and that my 5-speed makes over a second difference. Bullshit. His 1/4m should be at most 2 tenths shy of mine, if not equal. So the dyno was FUBARED, and no one can convince me otherwise.

Guest TurboSedan

just remember, you still can't claim it does anything better than 218whp & 220wtq.

any arguement against that is an excuse, pure and simple.

btw, the #s i got with my GTS at PFI were pretty much exactly what i was expecting. i can't wait to head back down there with my Cutty :D

just remember, you still can't claim it does anything better than 218whp & 220wtq.

amen brother josh!!!!

thats all im gonna say, i could go on forever.

Then the next guy, a modded GTP with a 75 shot, ran 50whp less than he did last time, and he added mods, and he ran 70whp less than what he was expecting.

Although he was set-up to run N20 the charge was not getting into the throttle body. He could see for a fact through his real time datalogger program that it was not hitting at all. 8)

amen brother josh!!!!

:lol: WTF!?...u amish!?...

anywayz, i agree...even though you know it should be better...that's all you can prove!...

i personally don't think those numbers are too shabby though...

Guest TurboSedan

ok let's not get too off topic here.... (i know, i'm guilty of it myself, i just think it would be better to keep the Aaron's dyno result conversation in one thead).

please refer to this thread for Aaron's dyno results:

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29427

meanwhile, let the "Aaron's whipple charged DOHC discussion" carry on here :)

I agree...let's keep dreams and fantasy land in this thread and the facts in the other!! :wink: :lol: 8)

I agree...let's keep dreams and fantasy land in this thread and the facts in the other!! :wink: :lol: 8)

Dreams becoming reality. I have the Fiero, the motor I'musing, the ehads ready to port, the throttle bodies ready for install, and pipe for the headers. Now I just need a 94-95 harness/ECU...