front clip swapp

perfecseal

I was just wondering If enyone had put a newer front assembly on there tpg.. I was looking at my parts car witch is a 92 gtp and I really like the headlights.. I would like to pull the fronts and swaap the two... there shouldent be that much conflict???

I don't own either model but......they are the same body, frame, etc....

only difference is the lights and bumper. so you need to swap bumpers and wire the lights up they may just plug in.

all front ends and body parts are interchangable on w-bodies 88-96

you can put a 94 cutlass front on it if you wanted...ugly, gaps would be outta whack but it's able to bolt up.

marcus

Wtf's wrong with putting the newer front end on it?

Nothing at all, if you want to get rid of the TGP's uniqueness.

Er, then there's that whole turbo part of it...

Seriously, at least he's not dropping it to the ground and putting a ricer kit on it (or trying to make one himself :? )

Er, then there's that whole turbo part of it...

Other than the front clip and turbo emblems, there's no other visual cues that this car is something special, a limited edition. The TGP front clip is part of the whole car's persona.

Seriously, at least he's not dropping it to the ground and putting a ricer kit on it (or trying to make one himself :? )

Might as well be, IMO, and I think the TGP front end is a million times better looking so I'm biased. :read:

The way I see it is that it's your car, if you want to change the front end, go ahead. Don't let anyone else tell you what you should or shouldn't do. Everyone is entilted to their opinion but it should be just that, an opinion. I too like the front clip of the 92 cars but I also really like the look of the TGP the way it is. The good thing about your situation is that if you do it and don't like it, you can always go back.

Mike

Ok how bout this somone find a new front clip and I will put the tgp on there.. but as of now I have a parts car with a perfect front clip, and a tgp with completly messed up lower front clip.. So what would you do llett the car sitt till hell frezzes over looking for a front clip....

P.S. If I had a good front clip to start with I wouldent swapp them..

Well people make sleepers for a reason.. as to go un-noticed until the time is right... But I guess I could go and buy that aluminum apc wing (aka park bench ) and put that on there...(sp-impaired)

Is just the very bottom part of the clip messed up on the TGP? IF so, why not just swap the very bottom piece/valence from the 91-93 car onto it? If I'm remembering right, the replacement lower valence is now the 91-93 part anyways....just takes a little more work to mount it.

ok I have a pic but my sites server is down at the moment.. The lip under the two grill inserts is cracked apart and bent and the Lowest part was compleatly ripe off...