help, my car is f*cked up

stockgp

ok, so i've got a 90 gp se 3.1. thing is, when it's cold, the car runs like i stuck a rocket in it's ass. but...after a few minutes, or at 220 degrees, the service engine light comes on and it runs like shit. i've had this problem for a while, and just can't figure it out. also, one of my fuel injectors is running at about 1.5 ohms, instead of, what, 12.5 like it should be. all i can figure is that i've got a short somewhere but lord only knows where. so, who thinks they know they're crap, and who's got an idea for me?

also, one of my fuel injectors is running at about 1.5 ohms, instead of, what, 12.5 like it should be.

Sounds like you've already figured it out. Change that injector first (and make sure the others are OK), and go from there. If you know you've got something like that bad and you try to fix around it, you be going in circles.

And I could see how a bad injector might work OK at first (like when it's cold) but after things warm up, it starts acting up.

Jason

It could be an injector. I had the same problem on my 91 regal with the 3.1 about a year ago. Turned out to be the knock sensor. See if you can read the codes on it. Code 42 is usually a knock sensor causing the problem