Aftermarket Fogs

runt

that's really something, I am just reading this NOW, and have already installed the lights, and I did them excactly the same way. I'l upload pics in a little bit.

How were they hard to aim? Took like 20 seconds. The only issue I have is the right one I want to point a little more "right" but just loosening one bolt on the stock bracket, "persuading it" to the way I want, and retighten, should do it.

But I must admit, to whoever pioneered using this model light, you might want to put a disclaimer- REALLY FUCKING BRIGHT. In fact I think it's too bright. to the point where I might not want to keep them on all the time.

Nice :lol:

they weren't THAT hard to aim, just that the screws become a little lose while adjusting the light, and unless you drill some holes in the side of the braket (which I know have to do since I thought about it), you can't get a screwdriver in to retighten them without removing them and screwing the aim.

an no shit they're bright :shock: MUCH brighter than the high beams even.. I love driving around with only my fogs and parking lights on when it gets to be around dusk or it's a rainy day, but until I fix their aim I can't even do that.

lights.jpg

IMG_4397b.jpg

IMG_4403b.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• terryk2003

• Brian P

• dsgrntld187

• GutlessSupreme

DAMN DUDE...yours are aimed WAYYYY to high...the prolly why you get flashed so much :lol: ...and, you musta done yours a bit different if you gotta take em off to aim em...i can just move mine up and down by hand...

DAMN DUDE...yours are aimed WAYYYY to high...the prolly why you get flashed so much :lol: ...and, you musta done yours a bit different if you gotta take em off to aim em...i can just move mine up and down by hand...

Same with me, but I think he means if he moves his up and down too much, the screws get loose. I used the lock-washers though, didn't give me any probs.

I was going to cut out the part of the stock bracket that bends in, but quite frankly I didn't want to spend that much time on it. Pics in 5.

Ok first off the arbitrary "old vs new" pic (forgot to get one of comparing the light against the wall):

11-30-04_003.jpg

Old:

11-30-04_005.jpg

New (is that SMOKE?! edit: n/m, thats pliers)

11-30-04_006.jpg

Then the assembly pic:

11-30-04_007.jpg

The "off" pic: 11-30-04_013.jpg

Frontal pics: Notice how low they're aimed, yet still insane bright:

11-30-04_017.jpg

11-30-04_018.jpg

Is that blue on your hood from those fogs or do you have vents in there with lights or what?

No, but stop giving the children ideas. LOL

Look at pic 1 and the same blue shows up. It's the damn digicam. It works, though, besides the fact the battery cover is on with tape.

Also what I like is that these lights are "more white" and match my silverstars much better.

what model silverstar's did you use for your head lights?

dumb question:

what's the diff. between driving lights and fog lights?

the beam pattern...the fogs have a shield in front of the bulbs that spreads the light out so they're not so bright...the driving lights have no shield and project straight out...

and, i have silverstars too, BUT the blazertechs still arent as BLUish looking as the silverstars...i wonder if you can get replacement bulbs with a bluish tint :think:

Brian, that looks pretty sharp. I have had the fogs out of the ragtop for a while because of the perennial busted lenses. I want to buy an aftermarket set and stick them in and these Blazer puppies look like just the ticket.

Are they available at Auto Zone or Pep Boys or somebody like that do you know?

Thanks, and nice job.

These particular lights I've only seen lately on ebay. They might be available at places besides Autozone and Pep Boys. One note though: The box that these lights came in was in good shape, didn't look like it was opened, HOWEVER, I'm pretty certain they've been sitting for a long time in heat and/or humidity. I first noticed that the alcohol pad they give to clean mating surfaces- in the sealed packing, it was "inflated" and when I opened it, the pad was bone dry. SECOND thing I noticed today is the lights are now completely fogged inside. It was raining hard here today, windy, etc. had the lights on for the 40 mile trip to school. Now the inside is total haze. I imagine with something like this, I'm going to have to remove them, take out the bulb, and keep them in a dry place for a few days. Just a heads up to anyone looking for these on ebay.

Yep, eBay is about the only place you can find them. Type in "SUV 2600" and they will pop up. Oddly enough, the guy doesn't use "Blazertech" in his title when he lists them. There is a set on there right now.

I'm going to be bumming if these things start fogging up! Mine were from eBay and still had the security tape on them so hopefully they will be fine.

my pass. side one started to fog a few months ago. It hasn't tried out in a long time now.. I haven't taken it off to see what I can do about it.

Okay, dumb question alert: The Blazertech 2600's look to me like they're designed to be hidden behind a bumper or fascia, not outside and exposed to the elements. I wonder how well they would hold up to abuse if they were mounted outside the fascia (like on a Grand Prix SE) ???

Do any of you guys know of any alternatives to the 2600's that are more like the stock GP SE's "fog" lights? I love how bright the 2600's are and would love to mount a set on my GP, but I'm afraid I'd smash them to shit. I'd like something just as bright, but in a tougher shell (and be able to mount them to the stock brackets...)

Yep, eBay is about the only place you can find them. Type in "SUV 2600" and they will pop up. Oddly enough, the guy doesn't use "Blazertech" in his title when he lists them. There is a set on there right now.

I'm going to be bumming if these things start fogging up! Mine were from eBay and still had the security tape on them so hopefully they will be fine.

Mine had the security tape on too. Anyway, I notice it's starting to clear up in the middle after the drive home with them on. I think drilling a tiny hole on top would ventilate the housing much better. I assume it gets hot enough in there for the condensation to turn to steam.