Stereo Upgrade Complete!!

Grand Moff Joseph

what do you think of the new stereo system?  

1. 1. what do you think of the new stereo system?

• awesome
    • okay
    • horrible - you're fired GMJ!

Well, project #1, which consisted of a stereo and dash upgrade for my Lumina, is complete!

I finally got the headunit and the new blue lightbulbs installed yesterday, and put the dash back together! On a side note, now that the dash is back together, parts of it that used to rattle a lot are nice and quiet now...:)

Check out some pics at:

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/686345/3

did you simply swap the bulbs or did you have to remove any films/paint from the rear of the guage face?

I personally would have stayed away from any of the new Alpine equipment, their quality isn't close what it used to be....anyway, it IS better then your stocker was...

Nice job on the blue! I dont think there was any scraping involved seeing as how the Lumina's dash lights up white anyway.. lol.. Looks grand! Keep it up.. Now, do a full gauge swap, and a console shift! :wink:

did you simply swap the bulbs or did you have to remove any films/paint from the rear of the guage face?

I personally would have stayed away from any of the new Alpine equipment, their quality isn't close what it used to be....anyway, it IS better then your stocker was...

Nope, I simply swapped the bulbs. This came after I realized that the stock bulbs are sodered(sp?) into the sockets, which meant that I had to buy new sockets and bulbs! :(

Nice job on the blue! I dont think there was any scraping involved seeing as how the Lumina's dash lights up white anyway.. lol.. Looks grand! Keep it up.. Now, do a full gauge swap, and a console shift! :wink:

If you want to come down here and wire it up for me, then sure... :wink:

As far as the console shifter goes, it sounds like a cool thing to do, but that means I'd have to find a whole new set of front seats too.

you didn't say that about alpine...did you??

Sorry to hi-jack the post, but doesn't the Z34 have the same type of guages as the Euro, or even better ones? I saw a clean Z34 today (RARE where I live), exterior looks exactly like "slick94prix" on these boards has in his signature, well the black paint, was just as nice, plus I love those Z34 tailights!

Anyway

- Jeff L.

Actually you only need to replace the drivers seat and in a pinch the pass. seat fits just fine on the drivers side. If it wasn't for the handle another pass. seat would work just fine and be a lot easier to find.

I dont know what Jeremy is talking about with ragging on the Alpine equipment, but nice stereo anyway.

Post details on the install of the blue lights. Part numbers and pictures included writeup would be awesome. :o

I dont know what Jeremy is talking about with ragging on the Alpine equipment, but nice stereo anyway.

I wasn't ragging on Alpine equipment totally.....what I said was that Alpine's quality is not what it used to be......which is the truth, a Alpine HU that was made 4-5 years ago will normally out perform and outlast their newer products....I used to love their equipment, but the recent products can't hold a candle to their old ones..

.....people like you keep buying them because of the name, even when the product quality is inferior to previous lines......