Help! Rubber "T" splitter for plenum vacuum lines:

Jon89le

Does anyone know if they sell these like in parts stores or anything? They are in other places of the car, but the "T" splitter im talking about is the splitter thats right under the plenum near the TB; one end of the splitter goes into the fuel pressure regulator, the other two ends have plastic vacuum lines, one of which goes under the plenum and the other bends up to go into the top of the TB. Well right next to that there is anotehr plastic line that comes from the TB and goes straight under the plenum and it broke. So im thinking of getting one of these "T"s and using that to joing the two broken ends and just plugging up the other end of the T. I tryed shrink wrap but because of the bend it kinks and wont stay put. I hope this makes sence, I just came up from my cold garage to post the question so my brain isnt working too well yet. Thanks for any help. And if you didnt see it in the subject, the motors a 3.1 from my '89 GP LE.

Guest Anonymous

I have seen them at Advance auto and others. They have a "t' as well as ones just for joining two lines, which sounds like what you need. Then you won't have to worry about plugging the open end of the "t".

Guest Anonymous

I believe they are rubber. They may have different types. As for the diameter, I would try to take one of the vacuum lines to match it up. That way you don't have to go back again.

Thanks for the help man. I went to the parts store today and got rubber hose since they didnt have any of the Ts that you mentioned. I joined the two lines perfectly but it was sitting weird since teh hose isnt too flexible, so i took it off to make it sit more flush with the plenum and broke the line in another place. But its all good now. I guess thats what i get for being picky,lol.

Yea but the nearest one is almost 40minutes away and i wasnt about to take my stupid plenum off after i connected everything. I did think about it though but after i realized id have to take the TB, EGR, MAP sensor, TB linkages that go behind the plenum, and all the bolts off i said f*ck it and got my 77cent thing :) . I was too busy trying to get my starter hooked up. I have another problem im facing on the motor now and i wasnt going to let that plastic vacuum line hold me up.

The problem I had with that vacuum line manifold was that one of the plastic lines broke. I used some silicone model airplane fuel tubing I had and joined the two broken pieces together. The tubing is think enough so that it won't collapse under vacuum.