Four Valve Aluminum V6 Heads....3.4??? ID Help Please!

derekbroerse

Hello,

I have managed to get an entire pallet of BRAND NEW V6 GM 4 valve heads. I suspect they are 3.4 Lumina style heads (possibly 1997 if we're reading the date codes right...)

The casting number is on one end near the exhaust port... #10127472... can anyone confirm this against their own car? It would be very helpful.

We aquired these from a local machine shop that went belly-up. I'm not sure of the count yet (somewhere between 25 and 50 I would guess) but maybe some of you could use them for porting for a modified engine, or to just replace tired/worn/cracked heads on a stocker... They will be up for sale for a very reasonable price once we can positively identify them...

Again, these are beautiful brand-new bare castings. I'd like to find them decent homes... as of right now the current owner wants to sell them as scrap to the local metal recyclers... I'm against this so please help me ID them if you can.

Thanks,

Derek

1988 Buick LeSabre T-Type

1968 'Canadian' Pontiac Beaumont

GMC 4x4 Dually

Well, I took a look at the photos Brian linked to.... I'd say they are the lower photo... which would make them 1991 thru 1995? If I'm not mistaken these were known to crack and or warp causing head gasket issues...? I remember hearing that years ago but I've never owned one to say.

How many people would be interested in a head or two? Or Four? Or ten? or heck, even 50?

What do you all feel would be a fair price (per head)? Anyone had to buy or rebuild one before? I'll check with my friends here locally as they own a performance machine shop...see what it would cost to even clean and magnaflux a used one.... maybe we'll base a price on them that way... whatever it ends up being I'm sure it would be a bargain vs. buying them from a dealer or remanufacturer.

Any further thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks,

Derek

I paid 102 plus shipping for a set of 96 heads with 300 miles on them. I have paid between 50-100 for my oher DOHC heads shipped off ebay. New prices on those heads is a LOT. You could try to sell them for 300 a pair but you wont sell them very fast. Now if you magnuflux them and deck them, that is worth about 100 bucks (cleaned as well) extra. That is what it cost me to have my heads checked out and decked.

I was thinking along the lines of $100 a pair (plus actuall shipping charges, ala eBay style)... hopefully being brand new a magnaflux and deck wouldn't be necessary (though my friends at the machine shop would probably give me a really good deal if someone wanted it done.

So how many pairs can I sign you up for? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Derek

derekbroerse@hotmail.com

ebay name = derekbroerse

:lol:

Yeah I know our dollar is pathetic... but just think.... years and years ago it was actually worth more than the mighty US Dollar! :shock:

No, I was thinking $100US... does that mean I'll have to wait until the week after next for your order? :lol: I'll even consider quantity discounts!

Derek

turns out im flat f*#($* broke - dammit - hate unexpected vehicle troubles.

if you still have some - in a few months - ill take. but now for the time being, i have a transmission to rebuild.

If you have any left in a few months, I might buy a few sets. I will be selling DOHC heads with port work (flowbenched) and valve jobs so having a source for brand new heads would rock. I have enough sets already though so it depends on the demand for ported heads. I just dont need a closet full of heads I cant use.

Do those heads have the valves and springs and all that on them too?

Thats cool, at least I know what they are now:) I can always get a set of valves from sivalve.com. I just wish you had the springs because they aren't cheap and there are 24 of them suckers.

• 3 weeks later...