battery relocation

manualturbo

hey guys,

i was wondering, what kind uff would i need to put the battery in the trunk? the biggest reason is b/c i want to make an intake setup, but theres just now enough room.basically im looking for how much wire, what gauge u suggest,what kinda connectors and stuff like that(especially the stuff from the alternator-unless that routes to the secondary post by the fuel pump relay)

thanks guys,

mitch

90 tgp 5 sp

I "was" going to do the same thing....

I even bought 40' of welding cable, and started a custom sealed battery box, complete with a vent leading to the outside of the car (when a battery is charging it's a good idea to give it some kind of ventelation)

I was going to remove the battery, remove the old air intake. Then cut a circular hole in the metal behind the headlight just big enough to use a k&n inverted cone filter.

If you do this I would like to see it completed. I gave up on mine, cause that was part of my 3.1 turbo swap project for my cutlass. I still used the air filter though. I hacked the crap out of the old air box, so that a I could use the stock mounting holes/location.

Anyone want 40' of welding cable. It's better than the cable you would get in a batt relocation kit. It has thicker insulation, and is more flexable. I have already cut it in half so it's really 2 x 20' lengths.