Just tried SeaFoam..

GutlessSupreme

I forgot that some of you guys have SCs and Turbos. DO NOT DO IT WITH A SC or Turbo. Water will instantly evaporate and possibly rust up the screws/turbines. In the engine the rust immediatly burns up, but not in the SC or Turbo.

Find A guy with a bad running motor and use him as a guinea pig. If you dont shoot alot of water in it, it will be fine and more then likely run a whole hell of alot better.

Will be trying tomorrow morning sharp, good sir. Will post results and ass dyno charts very shortly after. You better not be foolin'. I'm not gonna go drilling no holes in my intake fer alcohol injekchin, now. I ain't's no fool.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GP1138

• rudefyet

• midnight rider

• 93CutlassSupreme

Spray in the intake was done for years, its old school, before we had isles of miracle products. It mainly gets the carbon off the top of the pistons and combustion chamber. I doubt it does much for the intake manifold. Years ago it was somewhat more common to get some water in your gas. It would go through your lines and into the carb. You would feel the car hesitate for a second. It never bothered anything.

Water is hydrogen and oxygen right - H2O. Hydrogen peroxcide is H2O2, I had a guy (years ago) give me a formula for "octane" booster that had hydrogen peroxide, methol alchol and something else. I never used it. My therory was - I believe the peroxide would boost compression ratio because water does not compress like air there by reducing the chamber size then the alchol would make up for the wateryness of hydrogen peroxide. I already had an extremely high compression engine and was having problems buying gas good enough for it. Meth was hard to buy over the counter in the late 70's, something to do with freebase junkies I was told. Just thought you guy would find that interesting.

Anyhow I bet 80-90% of that sea foam is water, just like everything else these days.

So what kind of result should I expect if I, say, spray 50/50 Hydrogen Peroxide/Water mixture, or just straight Hydrogen Peroxide into my intake? Bad idea, good idea? I've got access to tonnes of the stuff.

I saw seafoam today for 5 bucks at autozone, when i get my car runnin again i was thinkin of dumpin a pint of it in my gas tank, it says on the back you can use it 3 different ways, i dont know how to do the other two so i think ill just thrown a pint in the tank when i fuel up.