Just tried SeaFoam..

GutlessSupreme

Car smoked a bit, but not all that much. At all. I was short on hands so I just stuck a funnel in the end of the brake booster line and held it with one hand, while using fingers on the same hand to pull the throttle linkage and poured it in slowly with the other hand...

Am I not supposed to really be letting air in while I'm doing it? Should I get a small hose to stick in the booster line that's easily pinchable so I can just stick the end in the bottle? (keeping it submerged? I think that was my problem.)

I poured almost all of the pint sized bottle in and just funneled the rest into the gas tank.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GP1138

• rudefyet

• midnight rider

• 93CutlassSupreme

When I did top engine cleaner, I took off those vacuum hose things on the TB and stuck a little aquarium hose in the one closest to the front of the car and the other end down into the bottle. The car ran like ASS while it was being put in there. But.. I'm very happy with the results. The performance increase is noticeable.

I tried that stuff too last winter. My car didn't smoke at all except for when I went to start it the next time. I would guess that if its not producting smoke that it would mean that your intake is pretty clean already. That or it didn't work.

I did it on my mom's car before I changed her oil, and when it died after I got about half the can in, I decided that was enough, and took her car for a drive, on the street, and then the highway... :lol: Needless to say I felt like I had a smoke screen, and the people behind me probably didn't like me much..

i just bought some...you guys sparked my interest in it

so how do you go about putting it into the intake?

Copy_of_brake_booster.jpg

This is a brake booster, not w-specific, but similar enough. See the grey vaccuum port? Pull the hose off of that, stick a funnel in there, and just pour it in very slowly. Your car will sputter a little, and seem to rev. If you have to, keep your hand on the throttle so you can rev it if neccessary, because if you pour too fast, it will want to stall.

When you get down to the last bit of it, just dump it in and let your car stall out. Let it sit for awhile, and then go driving and enjoy the voluminous amount of smoke in the face of the person behind you! :lol:

I used to do that off the booster line till a friend did it off vac port for the vac modulator on the trans. its a small line but the suction is enough to suck down all the liquid.

To do this properly your supposed to pour 2/3rd of the bottle in the engine and keep it running. Then dump the last 3rd in and make the engine stall. Let it sit for 15mins and then start it up, let it idle for 5-10 mins then take it for a drive. It will smoke plenty if done correctly.

jesus christ....i think i smoked out the whole neighboorhood :lol:

when i got done pouring it in i couldn't see a thing...but hey i guess that's a good sign right?

:lol:

I may eventually have to try this....my car only has 14,500 miles on it (just bought it) so she's probably got plenty of carbon buildup

wait...YOU!!!! YOU bought that car from Islip, Long Island right? Thats right over by me, seen that car on ebay. Good to see it's at least bought!

I may eventually have to try this....my car only has 14,500 miles on it (just bought it) so she's probably got plenty of carbon buildup

wait...YOU!!!! YOU bought that car from Islip, Long Island right? Thats right over by me, seen that car on ebay. Good to see it's at least bought!

I was just gonna say the same thing. Good to see it went to someone who wanted more than 'just a car'

yes i did...but i haven't picked it up yet. I will be driving it all the time (daily driver) once I get it BUT i will take real good care of it. It has real low mileage because it was owned by an old man who died and then his wife just wouldn't sell. Between there and E-bay...I dunno...but its my car now. It has 1 small dent and one small scratch on it and is otherwise showroom mint (except for some rust on the braces under the hood).

My sister has a '94 coupe that is mechanically the same (engine, tranny, wheels) but is white with burgandy cloth...drove that car and fell in love with it.

I did the seafoam today and it smoked quite a bit and for awile.

I think it looked kinda cool with the smoke coming out.

smoke1.jpg

smoke2.jpg

smoke3.jpg

I also put some in the gas tank to clean out my injectors.

I did it on my mom's car before I changed her oil, and when it died after I got about half the can in, I decided that was enough, and took her car for a drive, on the street, and then the highway... :lol: Needless to say I felt like I had a smoke screen, and the people behind me probably didn't like me much..

:lol: cute ...

Advanced Auto has it...that's where i found it at least

Yeah, that's the only place I could find it. It's not upfront in the little display like it used to be, ask the salespeople for it, it'll be in the back, hidden amongst other cans of less interesting and useful junk.

I did the seafoam today and it smoked quite a bit and for awile.

I think it looked kinda cool with the smoke coming out.

smoke1.jpg

smoke2.jpg

smoke3.jpg

I also put some in the gas tank to clean out my injectors.

hmm, put it on pavement, blur out the rear tire abit and lie that you have a rear wheel driven 427 91 cutty