project suspension completed

cutsup1996

Hell phucken yeah! My 96' cutlass coupe is now lowered 1.5". It looks SO much better. You can tell the difference right away when you get back in the car. Ride was not compromised, handling is so much better and of yeah, looks so badass. No kiddin' I already got two compliments on the way home from the speed shop. All the guys down at the speed shop were interested and it was the first time they had done this type of suspension work. It was cool cause they all liked it and asked all kinds of stuff about it cause only things like civics, mazdas, volvos, and cavaliers come in their doors. Anyways it looks great and they did a great job, took all day labor cost was $330, not bad and saved me the trouble, plus I needed it done in one day. Any questions or comments please respond.

peace

ok really hurry the F$#% up with those pictures ... new rims and lowering it is my next investment. but i'm thinking on buying a shitter for the winter ... want to start parking the cutlass now :) don't want her to get any more miles on the current motor plus i want the body in tip top shape.

sorry no pics, yet. I dunno if I can get some up, I'm not computer savvy. But seriously though, the best investment I've made so far for my car, I love the look so much. The stance is so tight. Here is the parts, prolly like anybody else has used cause we have no options. Rear coil-over conversion from FFP-comes complete with everything for the rear, front springs from Suspension Techniques ordered from JCWhitney-only come in one size 1.5" drop, but I have not exactly measured it yet, honestly it looks like more than 1.5", maybe 1.6 or 1.7", and KYB GR2 struts and KYB strut mounts from Tirerack. I will try my best to get up pics here but for sure I will get them on my computer and then email them to whoever asks for them. Anybody who is considering this should definitely go for it. Ride was not compromised which I was happy about, only slightly firmer that you will notice but anybody else who doesn't ride in your car all the time won't notice, really handles much better too, I also have front and rear STB's from RSM as well and yes those helped too, noticeably before I got it lowered. Nobody around here has done this and people have already noticed on the streets the day I drove it home from the shop. If you have any doubts about doing this ask me anything but this is a decision I certainly won't regret and am so happy with.

ah, well ... hurry the hell up with those damn pictures cause i want them ...

i saw a early 92 that was lowered but the girl said her friend dropped it for her and she got new springs for the front to match ...

it really does set the car off ... REALLY well ... even with the stock setup ... makes the car appear "wide"

just wish i was alittle tighter with my money or i would buy 'em ... i think that'll be my investment for this winter/fall ... unless i can scrung up the money like quickly ...

I figure $1500 should be enough for some decent rims and enought to lower the thing ... wouldn't you?

I figure $1500 should be enough for some decent rims and enought to lower the thing ... wouldn't you?
I was about to ask you how much you'd sell your stock 5 spokes for, but I'm sure the cost of shipping them to MN would be a killer, so never mind :shrug: ...

Lowering is the best appearance mod I've done to the front of my 89 Cutlass as well. After lowering, the car looks "just right", like it should have looked from the factory, and all other W-bodies look like off-roading 4x4's.

I plan to go with the Flex-a-form rear spring. George said it ships today. I hope it matches the front or I won't be very happy. :verymad:

damn calm down about the pics, I'm workin' on em'. Been really busy with school, work, and gettin' ready for the MCAT's. My rims are stock 5spokes and I changed my tires from the stock 215/60/16 to 225/60/16 with no problems after the lowering. Like the man said, it looks "just right", like the car should have come that way and the rest are prepped for baja. Gimme some time on the pics, sorry but I'm extremely busy.