4T65-E...

chevyguy3100

I have a 96 Lumina w/ a 3100 SFI, and read somewhere (that I can't find now) that the tranny out of a 98+ GP GTP (4T65-E) will bolt up perfectly. I was wondering if this is true for my engine and if that is true concerning all parts (axle, wiring, linkage...) I preciate any help. It's just that these 4T60-E's are not working! And it looks like that would hold up much better to my driving and mods.

It might bolt up, but thats about it.

The internal electronics are different, and the final drive may be different. The final drive issue could be fixed with a chip, but the electronics might not be able to. Maybe some custom work?

Of course with a 4T65-E you bring other problems to the table...mainly solenoid failure. I've seen way too many 65's with solenoid failure, 80k, 90k, 100k, even 55k miles and they need new solenoids.

I say your best bet is to rebuild your 4T60-E. It would suck if you went through the trouble of switching transmissions, and the new one wouldn't work. Your 4T60-E will hold up to quite a bit of power...

Jason

well If you want ill sell ya my 4t60e out of my 92 z34, its got 90000 miles on it and still shifts good. $300 obo

If you dont know, Im doin an l67 swap, therefore im parting out my motor and tranny.

PM me if you are interested.

Jeff