94+ upgrade help

GTPrix

OK so me and my buddy (5speedZ34) were doin the rear 94+ brake upgrade and we ran into some trouble. First off, the aux. spring and bracket stick out too far to let the new caliper slip past it onto the rotor, so i took off the parking brake bracket, then used a grinder to take off about an 1/8 in. from the backside. That was fun. Then, we realize that the slider pin (top one) is too short to reach through the caliper onto the caliper support bracket (the part that goes over the rotor). The threads only cone through about 1/8 in. max which isn't nearly enough to securely thread into the support bracket. Am I missing something??? And has anyone done this on a cutty and has any tips for me...the whole aux. spring being in the way blindsided me on this..but i got that solved. I need help with the slider pins though. I know the top and bottom pins are different lengths - I am using the shorter one on top..... thanx for the help guys

- Drew

yep and i went to the boneyard today and pulled another set to use as a template i guess. From what i can tell, the top slider pin doesnt go through to the ouside of the caliper. It Just screws into the mounting bracket and slides wihin the caliper....