Hesitation/Bad acceleration

Hoopman4600

Ive got a 96 gp w/ a 3100 and for the last 6 months or so ive had a hesiation when i come to a stop. Ive also had very poor accleration, i would floor it and the enigine would make a low growl sound(thats the best i can describe it) then it would slowly start to climb up in speed, but it takes a while. Also i checked the vacuum and it read right around 6", i know thats not good, would that be from a bad intake gasket? or would my problem be TPS?

one more thing, ive replaced the EGR vavle 3 times because the service engine light keeps coming on, it said "poor flow" or something like that, but could the TPS or IAC be causing the SES light to go on?

thanks

I would consider the module which the coils reside on... once thats repaired I would also look into getting them moved some place else where its away from all of that heat. I've got the same problem right now and I've replaced the MAF, MAP, TPS, COILS!, altenator and among other things ... its nuts but ... its obvious what the problem is ... get the module fixed first then replace the plugs, wires, and coils ... just to ensure that you don't screw up the new shit ....

You've got tot have a vac gauge to test the amount of vaccum your engine has. I think your supposed to have around 35-40" at idle. If you've only got 6" that would mean a HUGE leak, or that you've only got like 1 cylinder running correctly. I believe that Autozone will lend out a vaccum gauge if you want to ckeck it yourself, and it shouldn't cost you anything. After that though, make sure your plugs and wires are good and start looking for vaccum leaks. This is just personal opinion, but a clogged exahust is unlikely, cats don't plug themselves without being fed fuel or coolant or some other chemical to make them overheat and melt down. As for mufflers those are usually pretty obvious since they'll make a rattling noise when something breakes loose inside. So basically if it is the exhaust you would have noticed a problem before now since the car would have run funny or made loud rattling noises when you stepped on the gas.

speaking of rattling ... and speaking of coolant ...

about 40k miles ago my gasket blew ...

also i hear a rattlign sound when i have my seats down and everything is quiet...

the car according to people at advanced auto and autozone said that my engine sounds pretty good at idle ... except the morning tick thing thats all i notice thats wrong except for that rattling sound and slight hesitation of w/e it is ... getting tired of throwing money into my car guys ... can't save up ... and i want this motor to last me long cause i'm not going ot rush my l67 swap ...