Full guages upgrade question

Broan

Ok, so I have a 1992 LE sedan - column shift. The thing is, I don't have OD for whatever reason. I'm wondering if I could swap in full gauges from another column shift with OD and still have that work, or how hard or possible it is to add OD, and also what else the swap would require (changing the oil pressure switch to a sender?)

I don't see how the "OD" detent on the cluster will be much of an issue. The indicator is cable operated and doesn't care what tranny is in the car. You will know yourself what gear you're in, but maybe you could use a lable maker to change it from "OD D 2 1" to "D 2 1" and blank out the last detent. In order to get the other gauges to work, you will have to get new senders for the coolant temp and oil pressure. You will also have to run a wire from the Ignition Control Module to the dash cluster harness to get the tach to work. You may have to run another wire to the cluster from the new temp sender to get that to work properly (not sure on a GP, but that's what I had to do on my old 85 GA...)