Parking brake light staying on

whiteSE

When you release the parking brake, the light doesn't go out. As far as I can tell the brake is actually off.

Knowing that, I thought I would just disconnect the electrical contact point just to make the dash light go off and stay off. That didn't work.

Is there a second electrical connection at the rear that tells the front that the brake may still partially be engaged??

I am stumped.

Phil.

Phil,

My wife's GP does this from time to time. The contact might be sticking. Take your hand and pull foward on the parking brake pedal. That should be enough to turn off the dash light.

try checking the fuses on the driver side of the car under the hood. i know when you pull one of those block fuses, it leaves the parking break light on. does your car have abs?

the brake light being on means theres something wrong with the brakes. mine goes on and off and i already asked what it could be but nobody answered :? it happened after my dad replaced the front calipers for me, but we put them on backwards originally. now they are on correctly and the light still wont go out. brakes have been bled countless times, even more odd is the brakes work fine and the light goes on and off randomly

Thanks all I will try it out later this week - it's just too damn hot outside!!! 8)

I did just change the brakes so maybe..... low brake fluid would make it stay on too???

I thought there were 2 different lights, 1 for parking brake and 1 for regular brakes.....I actually better check that brake fluid level as I haven't since just before I changed the brakes..

whoah...I am scared now I will definetly check the fluid in the morning.

Phil