Removing Passenger side Motor Mount

digitaloutsider

Jesus fuck, I'm having the hardest time with this son of a bitch! I've gotten the following bolts/nuts out:

2 nuts off the studs on the bottom of the mount facing down towards the ground.

2 bolts near the oil filter and A/C compressor

1 bolt on the side (front) of the block, near the fenderwell.

Apparently, the only one I'm missing is the one about a quarter of the way under the tensioner pulley. How in the FUCK do you get this damn thing off? I can't freaking even make it budge, and I can't get any socket on it because of how it's placed. WHAT DO I DOOOO?!1?1? :evil: :evil: :? :( :cry:

:lol: :lol:

I've been driving for about a month now with that fucker unbolted because I couldn't get half the bolts out you did. I got the engine all jacked up and everything to find I had to unbolt that $#^$%ing bracket to get the mount out. After almost breaking my ratchet, I finally just threw my hands up in the air and said fuck it. I'm going to take it to a shop, there's no way I'm scraping up my knuckles to find I can't remove a bolt because GM doesn't want me working on my own fucking engine.

Dogbones are only $15 each anyway, and they take fucking 15 minutes to install.

Thanks, you made the bile return to the back of my throat. I hate that fucking mount.

:lol:

Man.. SHIT, I'm so close to getting this thing off though! ONE BOLT. That's all I need. How in the fuck do you get the fucking tensioner pulley out of the way?! AAAAAGGGHHHHHHH

:evil: :evil:

DIE GODDAMN FUCKING 3.1 I HOPE YOU FUCKING SUCK A COCK AND BURN IN HELLLLL

The tensioner pulley?! It's 1 bolt!

Are you raising the engine in any way prior to unbolting the bracket? Ive done this job- twice- and I had no problems other than it being annoying to realign it as I lower the engine back down.

The tensioner pulley?! It's 1 bolt!

Are you raising the engine in any way prior to unbolting the bracket? Ive done this job- twice- and I had no problems other than it being annoying to realign it as I lower the engine back down.

Wanna come here and make it 3?

The tensioner is cake to replace/remove. It's one bolt and shouldn't need re-aligning, becuase I beleive it has a pin the aligns it for you and you just bolt it back on when your done. That stock one looks whimpy, I put a goodyear one on and the thing looked extremely beefy and alot more durable that the stock one. :lol:

• 7 years later...

Yo. Read the attached write up. It worked for me. Import --> And when you strip the 14mm nut while trying to remove it from below on a long extension, go down to Sears Roebuck's tools department and purchase a set of "Easy outs" that fit OVER the 14mm size...comes in a kit of 4 or 5 and fits a 3/8" or 1/2" drive. I feel your pain. Note also, i found that a lot of the chatter was from the belt tensioner. Replace this and the belt...consider using a belt that is 1/4" shorter and a lot of the chatter goes away.

Enjoy!

Here is a small write up from bob1234.doc