Just got a new part for my next big project...

DiscoStudd

Picked this baby off of eBay for $250 (originally 3 bills, but the guy knocked off $50 due to the throttle body being screwed up) complete with injectors and intake...

Check it out:

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5

Pic 6

In case you didn't know, it's a 94-95 style M62 from an L67.

Now I've gotta buy a front accessory drive from a 95 L67 and probably a power steering pump and reservoir, too seeing as the reservoir is on the other side of the motor on the L67's. Oh yeah, and a throttle body if mine won't bolt up...

Guest Gp crazy

look's like it's all there to me :D What's missing "besides the rest of the motor & fuel pump , T/B :D " That I don't see :?: that's off 90 degree motor right ?

My Regal has the L27 (3800 Series I) motor. I'm going to bolt that sucker right up to it. First I'm planning on getting the Walbro fuel pump. Then I'm getting an ECM from a Riviera and swapping over the MEMCAL, and later on down the line I'm going to get a chip made custom from gmtuners.com or fastchip.

I posted my intentions in an earlier thread: http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15681.

I picked up some info on L67swap.com and from 93RegalGS about this project.

I'm looking into getting a 4T60-E HD tranny out of a Riviera also. I think I'm just gonna run this tranny until it shits out on me before I get the HD, though. It sounds a hell of a lot easier than swapping in a newer L67 seeing as I don't have to rewire anything. Since I've been given some encouragement, I'm gonna give 'er hell and see how she turns out. I'll be sure to document and photograph my progress for everyone to see...

if ya need a hand with any of that work, let me know, I'm nearly always availavle.

You bet, man! I'll let you know for sure. I was thinking it over today and I'm going to slowly buy up everything I need and do the swap sometime next spring or early summer. I might get around to putting in the new fuel pump this summer just to have it in before I tear into the motor.

does the L27 have different pistons or heads than the L67? as in higher CR?

Sean (93RegalGS) told me that the compression on the L27 is 9.0:1 and on the L67 is 8.5:1. He was going to bolt up an M62 on his Regal, but then decided against it. I got a bit of info from him, as he did some research on the whole thing. The heads are the same, btw. The only difference were the connecting rods. The newer L67's have the heads milled for the injectors, so you can't bolt up an M90 to an L36. The M62 that went on the 94-95 L67's was smaller, so the lower intake manifold contains the injectors, hence the direct fit to the L27...

I wonder if you could bolt that onto the motor, and just run the bypass valve till you get the upgrades, and not even put the belt on it... Humm, then you could say it's supercharged, without it actually being supercharged... (more like stupercharged)

--Dave

Guest TurboSedan

sounds like what i want to do to my NA 3.1....bolt on all the TGP stuff then just run full manifold pressure to the wastegate. heck 4-5psi can't hurt a 220,000 mile motor :D

So when u gonna do a 3.8 series 2 in yur ladies Lumina :twisted:

I'm actually going to swap in a 3400 when the 3100 finally takes a shit. I tried talking the wife into doing an L67 swap, but she's not interested in having a hot rod Loomie. Too bad, that'd have been cool. Can you say "sleeper" ...

If DiBiase were running for pres, who would be his VP, Irwin R. Schyster?

Since getting optimum spark is obviously going to be a problem with a bolt on supercharger, wouldn't it almost make more sense to get a larger pulley for the drive end which would put only minimal amounts of boost into the engine. That way if your only pushing like 2-3 psi the engine managment shouldn't be screwed up too badly and you won't have to worry about destroying your low end as much as you would if you were pushing the normal 7-8 psi from the blower. I would imagine that if you removed the supercharger from a Series 1 L67 that you'd see power on the order of 150 or so, which means that the supercharger is adding something on the order of 50-60 hp. So half the boost should equate to at least a 20hp gain. Applied to the L27 I would guess an equally decent gain should be made which would put you at around 190-200hp, numbers that your transmission should be able to handle without destroying itself too rapidly.