help me, im screwed!

90lumina3.1

i need a little assistance in this matter. what can i do to my lumina in a couple weeks that would allow me to beat a stock grand am. my lumina is stock as well, but i have a friend who thinks his grand am would destroy me, and i wanna humiliate him. his grand am has a 3100, and my lumina is a euro 3.1. second question is that i wanted to know wether or not you can put a 3100 top end(heads,intake manifold, plenum, and such) onto a 3.1

thanks for the help

A one-time only 100shot of nitrous would do the trick, but it'll also take your engine and tranny with it.

I'd suggest getting an intake from RedZMonte, exhaust work, good tune-up, loose your spare tire and jack, remove any junk from the car.

The Grand Am has a serious weight advantage. Ditch everything you can from the car and race it with a tad less than half a tank. Make sure you set your tire pressure. As mentioned earlier, try to give it a good tune up.

BTW: Someone mentioned the RSM Supercharger. Has anyone had experience dealing with RSM in general? I've heard their service sucks. I also heard that Held Motorsports has shit service as well.

I f you want to go fast cheap for a short time run down to your local paint

store and get two of three gallons of rocket fuel (toluene). A rough idea of the mixture would be one gallon to eight gallons of gas for a 3 to 4 octane boost. It should cost $5.00 to $10.00 a gallon. With three gallons to eight gallons of 92 octane gas you should surpass 100 octane. Use at your own risk. Sneak up on the mixture until your happy.

It wont help and no, you aren't going to beat him. There is about 500 pounds weight difference and you are done 20hp stock vs stock. In 2 weeks time you will have to swap the gen 3 top end and put a cam in there, as well as retune the computer for it. Hate to be negative about this but unless you start chopping metal off the car, you aren't going to have a chance. Gearing might be the only thing helping you over a grand am but it wont be enough. Nitrous would do it. Get a 50 shot.

i need a little assistance in this matter. what can i do to my lumina in a couple weeks that would allow me to beat a stock grand am. my lumina is stock as well, but i have a friend who thinks his grand am would destroy me, and i wanna humiliate him. his grand am has a 3100, and my lumina is a euro 3.1. second question is that i wanted to know wether or not you can put a 3100 top end(heads,intake manifold, plenum, and such) onto a 3.1

thanks for the help

I just wanted to remind you that neither a Lumina or a Grand Am is a race car. They are intended to get you from point A to point B. You really should not endanger the publics lives by racing on the street for no other purpose than bragging rights as to whose beater is faster. Its not bad enough that all of the ricers think their cars are race cars, but now we have kids (and adults for that matter) thinking that their cars make their dicks bigger or something. I think you really should think about this and if you still feel the need to "race" your buddy I highly suggest paying $20 at your local track and not endanger anyones lives with your ignorance.

Sorry to piss in your wheaties, but thats reality.