Yet another Transmission Question :D

scorpion_x9

I plan on changing the fluid in a 3T40, and the fluid is pretty bad and brown colored. Probably cuz it hasn't been changed since 1993 (car's creation date). I heard that some transmissions have problems switching over to good clean fluid and I was just wondering if that was in some way true. I've changed fluid in an 89' GP and had no problems; I beleive that fluid was pretty old too.

would that also work to save my tranny that has 120k on it?

lucas isn't going to magically restore a trashed out trans

But it does help a lot. De-hardens seals and brings back crisp shifting. It does work, Ive used it a lot\

Hmmm.. I use transX.. But hey, not too tough.. Also, 93Cutlass, is that Van Halrn of the David Lee Roth regime, or the Sammy Hagar Dynasty? lol.. Good luck on the trans. work!!

Hmmm.. I use transX.. But hey, not too tough.. Also, 93Cutlass, is that Van Halrn of the David Lee Roth regime, or the Sammy Hagar Dynasty? lol.. Good luck on the trans. work!!

yeah, I actually use Trans-X too. Its all the same stuff

would that also work to save my tranny that has 120k on it?

My tranny had more than that when I dropped the pan. The gasket fell into a million pieces, and the fluid was black like coffee. I'm pretty sure its the original tranny but it still shifts great, and from the condition of the old fluid/gasket I think it might have been original too. :lol:

Word Dave, lol.. I did mine in July when I bought it, and it was almost like USED motor Oil!! And the gaskt SPLIT laterally, and part was still on the transmission, and part was on the pan.. My trans is kinda mushy, but meh.. Here's my plan: Wait for the 4 Spd. to give out.. THEN go to a 5 spd.! LOL. My plan is BRILLIANT!

i think it's diamond dave regime's, that's the "old" van halen logo

diamond dave could sing so much better than hagar