Pioneer DFS alarm?

Guest TurboSedan

Guest TurboSedan

Luke or anyone else that has this stereo - have you ever used the DFS (Detatchable Face Security) alarm? it has:

- Entry Delay Time. i think this means you have to get in your car and attatch the faceplate within the set Entry Delay Time. the EDT can be set to 0, 5, 15, 30, 45, or 60 seconds. if it is not then it triggers the DFS alarm.

- Speaker Output Volume. the volume of the DFS alarm can be set using 'test mode'. i've checked out the siren in 'test mode' and it is definately an effective deterrent when turned up loud.

- Selectable Output - you can select between a constant or a pulsed output. when connecting a siren then the constant output should be selected.

- Selectable Door Switching System - the DFS alarm can be triggered when any door is opened and can be connected to either positive or negative switching systems.

- Starter Disable - can be used with an SPDT relay to disable the starter if the DFS alarm is triggered. there are empty 'sockets' in my underhood relay center on my CS.....i wonder if i could make use of one for the starter disable relay?

- Remote Disarm - the DFS alarm can be disarmed by unlocking the doors with a remote keyless entry system.

anywayz - the stereo has a seperate plug on the back for the DFS alarm. there are 5 wires:

White Yellow - door switch. this lead triggers DFS alarm when any door is opened and the faceplate isn't installed within the set Entry Delay time.

Brown - alarm output. selectable from contant or pulsed output. capable of powering up to 2 relays (500mA) max. use this lead to trigger relays for horn, siren, or flashing lights.

White/Red - alarm sensor. this lead is a negative input and is provided for hookup of negative triggering sensors such as shock, or glass sensors.

White/Orange - door lock. this lead is used to disarm the DFS alarm from power door lock systems or alarm systems with remote unlock.

Blue/Brown - starter cutoff. this lead provides constant ouput when the DFS alarm is triggered and remains constant for 30 minutes or until the DFS alarm is disarmed.

so has anyone here wired this up and used it? i think it would be fun to wire it up and check it out. it looks like i already have a nice alarm system integrated right in my existing CD player, it's just a matter of wiring it up now......

would love to here any opinions/replies about this

thanks,

joshua

I've thought many times about wiring this up too.. just haven't gotten around to doing it. From the way it looks, You'll need a few relays to complete the job, so I need to stock back up on those again. Hopefully this spring I'll get around to connecting it. Good luck, let me know how it goes if you do it.

Guest TurboSedan

i'm going to do it. the past two weeks i've been totally into wiring projects with my CS. i almost got the HUD done, and i've been studying the DIC and ACC, which i already have sitting in my closet right now waiting to go in. i think the DFS wiring would be easy and fun. i'll let you know how it goes.

so no one else here has a Pioneer w/DFS?

joshua

Guest TurboSedan
When the installers mentioned that if I ever lost my faceplate..the system would not work... i decided not to.......

yeah, but then your whole stereo wouldn't work anyway. fwiw, the DFS alarm can also be disarmed if you insert your ignition key within the set Entry Delay Time and the key is turned from 'off' to 'on' 5 times within 1 minute. there are probably still faceplates available from Pioneer since they still make and sell the DEH-P77DH stereo.

joshua