rained like a monsoon today! Car injested water!

GrandPrix34

Well it rained like a mofo so much that a shit load of streets were literally flooded.

I have apic i will upload later, its of my engine bay covered wit water all over the damn place....

i had to drive through so much water that the car started running VERY rough, alternator seemed like it was gonna take a poop, exhaust was gargled up and worst, it seems like the cone filter injested some water....

WHAT can i do to rid the engine of any remaining water...after i BARELY got out wit the car running like shit (coils, starter, battery, EVERYTHING got wet and the front grill literally came off since 2 screws are missing) i let the car run for a long long time till the car died cuz the alternator wasnt supplying enough voltage. I am sure however i burned out any water within the combustion chambers im just worried of any permanent damge...But the damn cone filter was wet as a virgin on her wedding night!

man it was fucking crazy i was freaking out! The water was ALMOST gonna seep in through the bottom of the doors. ACtually if i would have opened the doors, water would have gone into the car!! :shock:

Guest Gp crazy

:( the only thing you can do is wait until it dries out and see what damage you have :evil: well when it dries out run it at idle & watch everything for proper operation :shock: you may want to charge the batt first with a charger do not let the alt do it that's not it's job! it's job is to keep system voltage at 13.5 -14.5 volts . another words the alt may burn up if you try to charge a dead batt!

just some thoughts jeff b 8) good luck 8)

let it dry, charge the battery.

when we had the flood last year and the river decided to come up ~15 feet in a few hours and swallow up my car, it was submerged to the top of the hood. i let it dry, pulled the oil pan(water got in thru the bad gasket) and cleaned it out, cleaned the silt from the oil pump pickup and windage tray, put on a new starter, undid the exhaust and let it drain, checked the cyliinders and sprayed oil down the plug holes and left them off for a couple weeks(you wont need to do this), and put it back together, new oil, and it started right up. my alternator is still working and that was last june.

Trust me, if the thing died because of the alternator, then you didn't get much water (if any) IN the engine. The alt. would be the least of your problems, the pistons aren't very good at compressing water. It takes 10 tons of pressure to compress 1 cubic inch of water. And even though you have a DOHC, I don't think it can do that. :lol: Good luck.

Altenators don't die because they get wet.............it may have gotten crap in it (mud and silt etc), but the water didn't kill it.

Also, if you DID suck up any amount of water through your intake, your pistons and or rings are toast.....period.............water does NOT compress.

I think it more likely that the reason your car was chugging was due to the ignition coilpacks getting wet (and shorting out)............they are low on the front of the engine and probably got partially submerged or at least splashed.