FLEX-A-FORM (FAF) Mono Leaf Pics.............

Gearhead43

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gearhead43

• GnatGoSplat

• dykz34

• Brian P

Guest TurboSedan
malibuolds, you ever consider tacking the spring to the upper and/or lower mount? my buddy had to do that with his cavalier after he cut his factory springs

if i did that i would have exactly the same problem but on the other side of the spring. the spring would come right off the lower spring mount/adjuster nut when the suspension was extended enough. [uh oh here comes a rant...] that's what i really don't like about coilovers...you jack up the rear of the car and the spring is completely loose. when i go to lower the car i have to do it carefully and make sure the spring seats correctly in the upper mount. sometimes this happens when i'm driving; one end of the rear suspension will extend enough to become loose & unseated (even during a sharp U-turn), and then the spring doesn't seat correctly when the suspension comes back down.

what appeals to me most about the FAF spring is that it retains the factory engineered design by keeping the monoleaf. i can't wait to see how much the FAF lowering spring actually lowers the W-body! hopefully it will be enough to make the car sit perfectly level when used with the front ST or Eibach lowering springs.

Guest TurboSedan
malibuolds, you ever consider tacking the spring to the upper and/or lower mount? my buddy had to do that with his cavalier after he cut his factory springs

sorry i see the 'and/or' part when i replied. if i welded the spring to both the upper & lower mount it probably would stretch the spring out too much...i dunno...

i wasn't flaming you i was just ranting about how much my TDC coilovers suck is all :)

i didn't figure you were flaming. but as far as stretching goes, spring rate should be the same whether it's stretching or compressing, no? and since technically a spring SHOULD never wear out (if there were no defects in the metal) i would think it whould be ok.