FLEX-A-FORM (FAF) Mono Leaf Pics.............

Gearhead43

Moderators.... If you'd like to make this a sticky, please do so... :D

Here is a pic with some close up details of the FAF Mono Leaf Spring for all 88-96 GP's: Opps :oops: and W-bodies of course!!! :P

FAF1.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gearhead43

• GnatGoSplat

• dykz34

• Brian P

That's the leaf spring for lowering the rear correct?

you don't need a replacement leaf to lower it, just wait until it sags on its own

the cutty down the street has a broken leaf, the bumper is just a couple of inches off the ground

I did it without one, it was easy, but don't try it kids!!!!

I am not liable if u hurt yourself!!! hahahahah

Its easier i think, u just have to use 2 floor jacks, put one under the knuckle, and then remove the strut to body bolts, and then slowly lower the jack, until the spring is no longer in tension, the strut might extend out, so it might hit the inside wheel well, and get stuck, so your gonna need help with this, and be carefull, pics on my page!

Ok me and MR Dykz34 here decided to get each a spring but would help alot if first we'd know for sure if this spring actually fits on our cars. Would it be possible to measure teh flexaform one by putting a string along its shape and measuring it after. It looks liek our leafspring but we need to be absolutely sure.

Thanks!

My rear is down just fine. I even have one size smaller tires in front to keep it level. Sure wish I was more mechanical. But then last I heard...my car would probably give up the ghost before a set of lowering springs broke in enough to drop the front down. I continue to contemplate the stupidity of those spring compressor things from the old days.

Moderators.... If you'd like to make this a sticky, please do so... :D

Here is a pic with some close up details of the FAF Mono Leaf Spring for all 88-96 GP's: Opps :oops: and W-bodies of course!!! :P

FAF1.jpg

Nice :D

Hey Dave don't you read messages on your cardomain site LOL :D

Thebluebeast

goldy29

Kyle

HAHAHA

Blue...

Yea I read em .. when ever I go to my mom house cuz my browser on this puter suxs and will not DL all 480 something messages... :roll: :?

It's a PITA!

Yes..My GP started out as a BASE model GP, been converted to an full SE for show, and now being coverted to an TGP. With the aid of that Flood Salvage title TGP I brought....

It's come a LONG way... The FAF mono Leaf is going on the show GP