Bad sound's from engine ???

Guest Gp crazy

Guest Gp crazy

Will a weak or Streched out timing chain do this ?

clunking sound's from motor at idle only ? in gear under load no sound at all! the oil was just changed 500 miles ago & is still clean. now if it was a rod bearing the oil would be black right? oil psi is close to 80 psi cold and in gear warm at a stop light it's at one or two bars above the red line and going down the road at highway speed's it above 40 by a line or two ? got 133,666 on right know! I changed the p\s pump and that was some of the sound but not all of it :dammit: it was free anyways not a bad thing :think: i really dont want to do this! but if i don't it will brake & i will not be happy :lol:

Guest Gp crazy

REPLACED THE TIMING CHAIN + GEAR'S+THE THING IN THE MIDDLE. GOT IT ALL TOGETHER AND RAN IT COME TO FIND OUT IT WAS THE W\P BEARING WAS BAD. BUT I COULD STICK MY PINKEY FINGER + A WRENCH LAID FLAT AGINST THE MIDDLE THING :shock: SO NOW IT RUN'S LIKE A CHAMP & IT IDLE'S UNDER 1000 RPMS IN DRIVE & BETTER LOW END RESPONSE + LOWER HIGHWAY RPM'S BY 200 RPS OR SO :lol:

JEFF B