Plug wires!!!

95DropTop

Ok, so I took my car in to have a repair fixed under warranty...dealer that I bought it from paid to have the lower intake gasket replaced. While it was in, I had the routing maint. done. Problem is, I did not realize how much they would charge for plug wires!!! How much does a set of wires for the 3.4L cost? I won't post how much I spent til I get a few replys on how much I SHOULD have spent. Thanks.

Thanks Brian, I am still a little shocked. The shop I took the car to charged $175 just for the wires!!!! The secretary said she was going to double check and call me back cause she thought that was too high as well. Still, with what you say, a C-Note for 6 wires is outrageous. But I don't geel as bad as I first did. Again, thanks.

I would say just grab a set from autozone. If you see the wires then you'll have a sort of reason why they're expensive. The "boot" that contacts the spark plugs are very long and seal with the cam cover.

Mine were $35!! :shock:

Speaking of AutoZone, everyone that works by the one near me is a complete fucking dipshit. They've told me the following:

No 1990 Grand Prix had fog lights

No 1990 Grand Prix had a Turbo

My car only requires 4 spark plugs (Right after I told him it was the 191 ci. 3.1 V6)

Plus, those assholes always try to throw in 2 or 3 of those $.99 packets of anti-sieze whenever I buy ANYTHING. I have a whole fucking bottle of the shit.. which I got for $2.99. Not to mention, they always try and sell me the most expensive product they have. $65 for brake pads just to put on a stock braking setup? I don't think so. I'd go somewhere else, but they're only 2 miles down the street, and I'm lazy.. :lol:

Magnecor 8.5mm wires for my engine are $150. i dont see why stock ones would be so expensive.

Yeah, my Magnecors were $165, just for the wires. Yours must be pretty damn good wires for it to cost that much!

yeah, I just checked autozone.com and double silicone set is $35.00! I will be contacting the mech to find out what grade of unobtainium his were made of. Will post the amount of refund or additional data on wire set. Thanks, should have checked here first, but thought they would be available locally for about 60-75 bones..did not get price quote before having them changed. My ass still hurts!

Thomas

The Magnecor's are about 220$ irf you buy them direct from Magnecor. But they are not only performance wires but they are lifetime wires.

I called Magnecor directly to order some, but they gave me a location close to me (actually down the street a ways) that sells their wires. I'd call them and ask...it would save you at least $40!

$35.00 ac delco

WHERE!? i went to united auto had them for 100- and murrays had them for 125! we got them from united DUH and they were stock ac delcos

Are you talking about 3.1 wires?

I bought a set of AC Delco's for my mother's 3100 from the dealer for like $40-50 cdn.

The Magnecor's are about 220$ irf you buy them direct from Magnecor. But they are not only performance wires but they are lifetime wires.

AC Delco wires have a lifetime warranty

• 3 weeks later...