5spd Crank Pulley Question

Robby1870

Im trying to get the timing cover off the 5spd parts car, and alreayd have the crank pulley bolt out, but cant get the pulley off. Like when I pry on the bigger pulley (the on that is on the normal serpentine belt), it moves, but the smaller pulley (one that runs the AIR pump, I guess) wont budge. Are these two seperate pulleys or one pulley? If any one knows any tricks to getting this off, lemme know, TIA

Yeah....I'll have to wait til my bro or dad gets home to help me with that. I tried just pulling on the pulley from both sides...no luck, of course. I really dont think theres enough room for a pulley puller, so I may just keep prying. I already broke the tip of my screwdriver, lol.

Doubt you will ever pry the crank pully off without destroying your timing cover. :cry: Do like stockgp said and borrow a puller. Take the front wheel and plastic splash guard off and the pulley is right there. Bolts from the alt mount will work in the crank pulley for the puller.

Good luck

Jud