3100 engine vibration, assistance requested!

Ramma2

I have a 95 olds cutlass supreme, 3100 engine with 150k miles on it.

This weekend was driving around perfectly, has always ran great. Stopped to eat, was inside for about an hour. Came back out and now car runs with a terrible shake. Its comming from the engine, it does it in park, neutral and while driving. It gets really bad when I accelerate, and goes away completely when I coast at higher speeds.

The engine itself seems to be running fine. It starts ok, and I haven't really noticed a loss of power or change of normal engine noises.

I'm going to replace the serp belt tonight and drop the oil to look for leaks of any sorts, but can anyone toss me some advice as to what the problem might be?

Thanks!

Paul

well if the engine seems to be running ok - check all your engine mounts (especially the torque struts) for wear. Mine shook like cray til i got them replaced. Thats all i got for help :? :D

yah, i was thinkin maybe a mount too

i would have said engine, b/c if a sparkplug is mis firing or not firing because it sucs or hte wires arr bad, i think that could cause weird vibrations.

Guest Gp crazy

look for a bad coil, plug wire, icm if no codes look for a a bad injector or low fuel psi. or a cloged filter. or with the car running you could tap the computer lightly or just drop the hood listen for change in engine idle

just a few things to look at

jeff b

good luck

I would defiantly look at what the last 2 post said, especially the coils. My old 94 Supreme had the same problems and I sold it to my uncle and he replaced the coils and it helped fix the problem. Now my 95 Supreme is starting to have the same problems :( just something i guess I'll have to find time to do.