transmission slipping

95 BLKDOUT Drop Top

I got a 95 cutlass supreme with the 3.1 and the 4T60E transmission. i thought my trans was done because it was slippin really bad but then i noticed a little bit of a drip comin from where the rubber lines meet the metal ones. im not sure if thats y its slipin, im not even sure what line its comin from. there is also a noise thats sounds like its comin from the driver side off the engine, possibly the bell housing, its like a wining noise i dont think its comin from the trans because the noise continues in park and neutral. can some1 help me out pleezze. thanks

Need m0 1nf0 d0gg

Tell us more symptoms, maybe where the hoses go, any other noises, is the transmission slipping in all gears, when does it slip? All the symptoms you've described point to a trans fluid leak, like my car has. If my car is low on tranny fluid, it whines like a motherfucker, and slips like a bitch. If you've got fluid coming from those lines, guess what, you're leaking! How fast are you leaking, is there a puddle of fluid under your car when you're idling? How about anytime?

If its leaking from where the metal lines meet the rubber ones by the radiator it won't be too bad of a fix. I just did those on my car a couple months ago. The lines (two of them, one running to and the other from the transmission oil cooler) cost something like $20 a piece from GM and should be readily available. The biggest PIA about changing them out is getting them routed correctly, it should only take an hour or so to do despite that.

I doubt however that thats whats causing your slippage. That leak was pretty small on my car and I'd imagine that as soon as it gets much worse the lines would burst or break at the junction.

What gears is it slipping in?

Need m0 1nf0 d0gg

Tell us more symptoms, maybe where the hoses go, any other noises, is the transmission slipping in all gears, when does it slip? All the symptoms you've described point to a trans fluid leak, like my car has. If my car is low on tranny fluid, it whines like a motherfucker, and slips like a bitch. If you've got fluid coming from those lines, guess what, you're leaking! How fast are you leaking, is there a puddle of fluid under your car when you're idling? How about anytime?

Ok the noise starts at idle after sitting for a sec then it continues when riding. It slips in al gears including reverse. it makes like a whining/grinding noise when u shift it into drive. the lines are the ones like Whiteout said:If its leaking from where the metal lines meet the rubber ones by the radiator it won't be too bad of a fix. I just did those on my car a couple months ago. The lines (two of them, one running to and the other from the transmission oil cooler) . It starts to slip after it warms up and and has been drivin for a minute. it drips when its in gear and it forms a football shaped puddle if it sits at idle in gear for like 40 seconds. the fluid on the dip stick reads normal which is the wierd thing, if its drippin tranny fluid that much then why is it readin full on the dipstick. but i hope thats enough info. Thanx alot for ur help