Seriously stumped! Good comp., oil on lower spark plugs

GrandPrix34

My saga continues!!

I pulled the front 3 plugs and they all had oil on the lower portion of the plug with black soot around the base of the plug and white soot on the tip of the spark plug(ill post some pics later). I did a compression check and all 3 cylinders where about 200-210psi, in another words within each other's reach so i know i have good compression...

what can this be that causes the car to fall flat on its face at higher RPM's? Maybe coils, cranksensor, TPS...kajsdlfkjaslkdfjas

Vacuum reading is normal, compression test is normal, wires are new...

by the way, for some odd reason while doing the compressoin check, i got shocked cuz the spark came out of NOT the tip of the spark plug but rather the body of the spark plug...when i held the spark plug (connected to the plug wire of course) to the frame of the car, it seems as though the spark was coming FROM the car into the spark plug...also the spark would come from the body and lower portion of the spark plug when held at an angle to the car's frame....WTF?!??!

Yeah, thats called waste spark ignitions. When the plug opposite the one your holding fires the current goes through the block and back to the coil through the plug you are holding, thus giving you a shock in the process.

Happened to me too when I did a compression test on a friends car, except I was just touching the block with the other plug sitting on top of it.

I hope you guys atleast pull the fuel pump fuse before you try these stunts. :roll:

The flame coming out of a spark plug hole can burn the shit out of you

Best way is put a jumper from the little wire on the starter and touch the hot pole on the fender well to turn the starter over. No key required.

Be carefull. :D

Jud

anyone know the symptoms of a bad TPS? I need to go to Autozone before 12 so someone let me know!

Symptoms are: at a stop light, you hit the gas to take off and the car stumbles for a sec then catches back up. Thats the most common symptom

well replaced that with no avail; here are the symtoms..

-car begins to shake and buck (not severly though) after 5 minutes of being turned on...sometimes stalls and dies but can be cranked up right away...

-the soudn of the exhaust sounds like a misfire.

things replaced:

-Spark plugs/wires

(Old spark plugs had white on the hook thingy and oil on the threads.)

-TPS and Coolant Temp Sensor

-Again, compression with each cylinder reads about 210psi...so what could this be?

Someone mentioned oil on the plugs is causing a misfire situatoin which in turn turns the plugs white...but the oil is NOT coming frmo the valve cover gaskets.....