finally dug around in the engine bay today

musthavemuzk

and noticed that a hose was not attached to the top of the tranny.

also noticed that a plug (sensor) was not connected to the front/top (kinda) of the tranny.

i plugged them both in to where they looked like they go, but did not notice any difference in the drive of my 93 GP sedan with the 3 spd.

slowly improving things but still not right yet

here are some pics of what i am talking about

http://www.dbfanatics.com/forum/photo_album_view.asp?cname=93gplemar04&mid=16&cid=255&page=4

i am guessing i might have to do an idle relearn to be sure.

also not 100% that the sensor is plugged in all the way.

could also be a bad sensor. kinda hard to get a new one if i am not sure what it is called. help ;)

also gave the engine bay a pressure wash today. looks much better.

still not great but alot better.

Monty

Boy does my install look like horseshit in those pics...But there just weren't any convenient wires to run the tach signal with. That hose that's not attached to anything is probably the transmission vent hose, no biggie.

yes my car has a 3 spd auto.

kinda miss the cutlass in that aspect as it had the 4 spd auto.

Justin it will be fine. it does not bother me and it works peachy keen.

so any help with my questions?

Monty

also noticed that a plug (sensor) was not connected to the front/top (kinda) of the tranny.

Looks like that should go to an intake temp sensor.

A 3 spd? Interesting.... 3T40? :P

Speaking of power washing an engine. Gasoline does the trick too! :lol: I remember I messed up the o-ring on a fuel rail for the 1-3-5 injetors and that thing sprayed like a mofo. It sure as hell cleaned all the grease and oil of the engine and was bone dry. It cost alot for that o-ring(special order from dealer), I don't really rember how much it was but it was expensive for an o-ring.

ok the trh125chas 2 plugs on it......the VSS and the lockup solenoid....... likely that the lockup solenoid was unplugged ecasue they go bad and the converter gets stuck locked..... you unplug it and it will never lock again but you'll see 5500 rpm at 100 mph

ok the trh125chas 2 plugs on it......the VSS and the lockup solenoid....... likely that the lockup solenoid was unplugged ecasue they go bad and the converter gets stuck locked..... you unplug it and it will never lock again but you'll see 5500 rpm at 100 mph

brain must not be functioning properly this early as i am confoosed.

oh well nothing new for me lately been confoosed alot

Monty