Crossover + T Valve fitting on trasmission on my TGP?

SantaCruzTGP

Are there supposed to be any vacuum lines attached to the trasmission T valve, mine has nothing now except the t-valve. This is located under the turbo and abit to the left.It did connect to the top of the cylinder head where the turbo vacuum line is now attached. Changing those two things fixed nothing but create more smoke out of both crossover and exhaust!!!

I'm trying to get a smooth idle, It baffles me to think the crossover pipe is causing all the eratic revs. The crossover leaks exhaust pretty bad, but shouldn't the car still run ok without all the lurching?

What about the turbo oil drain line, could this be causing all the smoke? Jeff M. has suggested this. Where is the turbo oil drain plug, i've looked but can't identify. If I unclog this the smoke might alleviate from the tailpipes.

any help is greatly appreciated. I'm ordering the Crossover pipe from Jeff M. within the week.

I'm also interested in removing the mufflers to increase the sound, what do you think?

Guest Anonymous

The T-valve should have a line going to the intake manifold. It connects right behind the throttle body. There should be a nipple sticking out for it to connect to.

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about. This line goes to the t-fitting on the tranny.

file.ashx?path=%5credturbo90%5cfullsize%5cnipple.jpg

First check for shaft play in the turbo housing, it could be spilling oil into your intake and causing it to smoke. Easy way to check for oil is the lower turbo to i/c pipe. I had an issue with my oil return line, at 150k it was still the stock hose. Replaced it and the smoke at idle disappeared. You need 12" of hydraulic hose, don't go cheap, get something that will hold extreme temps.