sorry if it's a stupid Q

I'm real new to this board ::cough::first post::cough:: Anyway, I've got a '93 Grand Prix LE and was wondering if the Lumina Z34 hood would be a direct fit on my car? The other question: What model Grand Prix came with the louvered hood, and where can I get one?

Sorry, it won't fit. The Grand Prix GTP came with the louvered hood, as well as the STE 4 door. (I think it's the STE) Anyways, good luck finding one of those, GTP's are way more common.

well yes and no

it mounts the same but a GP hood does not have that fold over edge on the front....so it would look Funnie.....

I have stuck a GP hood on a lumina just to drive it after putiing a new motor in......but if your asking if it would match then the answare is NO

welcome to the boards.....you want the hood for just the vents? I would say get some STE or TGP vents and put them one

take a look at the ones on thes cars

ste_turbo.com

ok, so now my next question has to be if those are actually cosmetic, or functional louvers? Is there an actual hole in the underside of the hood that allows the louvers to be functional?

...Yeah Jeorge you got me, I'm asking just so I can get the louvers, but I need more clarification on their functionality.

...PS. Are the louvers the only diff. bet. the stock LE/GT hood and the GTP?

acctuall there is a small like 1 inch by 1 inch triangle in the brace that needs to be cut....

gearhead43 has pic oh his install go to http://clubgp.com and do a search for him for his Home page....he also has how to install a HUD and DIC unit also....

they are heat extractors and they work...

ok, so now my next question has to be if those are actually cosmetic, or functional louvers? Is there an actual hole in the underside of the hood that allows the louvers to be functional?

...Yeah Jeorge you got me, I'm asking just so I can get the louvers, but I need more clarification on their functionality.

...PS. Are the louvers the only diff. bet. the stock LE/GT hood and the GTP?

If you remove the covers it will be funtional. My lumina Z34 hood has a rain gutter in it stock.. i unscrewed 4 or 5 nuts on each side and walla gutter out and vents are 100% functional. you should see the heat roll out of thoes vents after my supercharger gets hot. Its almost cartoon like i can see the heat waves rolling out.

RedZ

acctuall there is a small like 1 inch by 1 inch triangle in the brace that needs to be cut....

gearhead43 has pic oh his install go to http://clubgp.com and do a search for him for his Home page....he also has how to install a HUD and DIC unit also....

they are heat extractors and they work...

OK, sorry to be a pain in the ass, but do you happen to have a link to his homepage? I just went to the link you posted and could not, for the life of me, figure out how to get to his homepage.

If you remove the covers it will be funtional. My lumina Z34 hood has a rain gutter in it stock.. i unscrewed 4 or 5 nuts on each side and walla gutter out and vents are 100% functional. you should see the heat roll out of thoes vents after my supercharger gets hot. Its almost cartoon like i can see the heat waves rolling out.

RedZ

That's exactly what I was looking to hear. Thanks.