Cracked head?

Intimidatorz34

Alright, I changed my intake gaskets yesterday, and I still havent solved my leak. I am leaning towards the belief that it is a cracked head. The oil in the car is fine, not milky nor any signs of water. But after filling the system full of coolant and running it for a while it is about 4 inches down in the radiator, and sometimes I get some steam from the front exhaust manifold area. There are no visible leaks on the outside. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if it in fact is a cracked head or a blown headgasket.

how bout the TB bypass coolant pipe, they like to rust around the mount brackets and get holes in them and that would definitely cause steam in the area you are looking at

Head gasket. If you can't see a leak anywhere, its probably a leaking head gasket between the water jacket and the cylinder.

Thats what my buddy was trying to tell me, but I guess either way the head has to come off. It only pisses me off cause the head gaskets were changed 5k miles ago, but the problem did occur when it was really cold out and I dont think I let it warm up enough.

If you just did your intake gaskets check to make sure you got a good seal on the TB coolant lines where they meet the block. Squeeze the upper radiator hose and see if you can hear any hissing sounds near the TB. When I did mine I had a minor coolant leak there and had to seal it with RTV. I hate that damn line, its a pain in the butt.

Get a compression check done for god sakes. It will tell you if you have a blown headgasket or not. Sounds more like a leak than a blown headgasket to me...

Thats what i decided to do after running it again today and not seeing any steam but noticing a slight miss.