deleted post

m6amba

come on guys, this is pathetic a guy posts about takin our cars to THE NEXT LEVEL and his post is deleted???? :evil: :evil: WTF???? get yer heads out of yer assholes and either put it back up or apologize to him on here.....I WANT TO SEE IT!!!! is it so bad that he wanted to go faster?? i sure as hell want to go faster and i think most of us do. perhaps the reason his post was deleted was because it involved big changed and LOTS of work for us and unfortunatley that is what it is goin to take to get to the next level with this car, GM did not make it easy to mod. which is our biggest prob and im very happy that this gentleman wanted to overcome this and he was willin to put money and time into his car to get it to the next level and i was goin to follow right behind him to do the same things for my car. enough of rabbit trails the main reason i posted was

TO FLIP THE FINGER TO THE TGP OWNERS WHO DELETED A POST THAT COULD BENEFIT ALL TGP OWNERS BY MAKING OUR CARS BETTER!!!!!

NOW APOLOGIZE TO HIM ON HERE SO EVERYONE CAN SEE HOW NICE YOU GUYS ARE ONCE YA GET YER HEADS OUT OF YER ASSES!!!!!!!!!!! :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

yes im talkin bout that post

a VERY good read it is

hey aaron have ya raced any stock auto TGPs latley? or are ya still sore bout losing to one with a 5 speed? :lol:

banned? why?? because i told the truth? obviously im not the only one who read the post and loved it ...........

TRUTH HURTS bite me :!:

What he's getting at is, the post was never on here, and it wasn't deleted from the TGP site, so we don't really know why you are yelling so much. :lol:

What he's getting at is, the post was never on here, and it wasn't deleted from the TGP site, so we don't really know why you are yelling so much. :lol:

Actually, the post was made here and I'm quite upset that it was deleted. I emailed one of the moderators asking why and did not recieve a response.

Here is an email notification I recieved to let me know that someone had replied to my post:

Subject: Topic Reply Notification - Major post on High Performance LG5 TGP motors on other forum

Hello,

You are receiving this email because you are watching the topic, "Major post on High Performance LG5 TGP motors on other forum" at w-body.com. This topic has received a reply since your last visit. You can use the following link to view the replies made, no more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic.

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=130843#130843

If you no longer wish to watch this topic you can either click the "Stop watching this topic link" found at the bottom of the topic above, or by clicking the following link:

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13328&unwatch=topic

--

Thanks, The Management

Wow, that's pretty retarted. So, it was just deleted because it was a post about making our cars fast? I thought this is what most of us were here for? Maybe it was an accident. I myself would like to hear why it was deleted.

I am hoping it was just an accident. That's why I emailed the moderator. Unfortunately I haven't recieved a response yet.

I was guessing there is some bad blood between the two TGP boards and they didn't want me linking to the Netavalanche board, or something? Hopefully someone will comment.

Guest Anonymous

I don't even remember seeing it.

As far as I know there is no bad blood between the 2 boards.

Anyway, the people here are all on the TGP board. Why have the same exact thread on both sites? :?

A question I've had is, why do we have two forums at all? Why not just direct everyone over to the Netavalanche forums where there is a number of different subjects available to post in. This is not a popular enough car to warrant two boards traffic, is it?

Guest Anonymous

One reason for having it here is the problems that are common to all w-bodies. You may find an answer to your problem quicker looking here.

People new to here, or even those who have been around for a few years don’t know the evolution of these TGP and W-Body Boards, glad (some) are asking. Back in 1995 the first TGP Web Site I knew of was from Dave Zug, (Shawn came soon after?), who then made a Message Board in around 1996, lot of those posting back then are still around today (ME for one, Shawn, Chris A, others?). Then Dave’s Board got spammed bad, so I believe it was Shawn who started up another like it, but it got spammed bad too, so Shawn worked hard to find a good board setup to avoid this problem, and took the time to set it all up, and since he has such a universal W-Body interest (owning other W-Bodies aside from a TGP) and past W-Body friends then (more now :-), decided that the board should be W-Body so all those lists of Topics on that board could accommodate well all the barrage of postings from those masses, while adding a Topic for the TGP and TSTE. Soon after this Waskie wanted to do a TGP web site, and a Message Board, since he also had a passion for owning a TGP, but maybe more so since he is into web site design as well as is in his profession. So, here we have the W-Body Forum with TGP, and as said, both share many common issues, and passions, and if you think about it, an opportunity for NA W-Body owners to learn more about a turbo version of their car (am I getting your attention, i.e. another postings on “how do I turbocharge my XXXX like you guys TGPsâ€Â!?!? :wink: ). I am glad tookycat and god910 were able to refrain from jumping to conclusions 8) as there is no bad blood between the 2 site owners, just a difference in evolution of these boards! Also like Joe said, people who come here are also frequent to the other TGP Board (and other W-Body and TGP boards maybe some of you have not heard of yet), and vise-versa, but it is what it is and has been that way long before a lot of members joined here and at Waskies. Also, but its not something that needs an approval, if there is a topic on “Taking things to the next level†posted here, then so be it, but if a post takes people away from here then we prefer it not happen, a preference not a problem. We also have quite a few TGP and TSTE Web Sites, each offering a vast culmination of experiences and knowledge, and it would be great if it was all at one site, but it’s not, no problem for people to still get help, I list all those sites from my site, though its hard to keep on top of them moving or going away :lol: .

Jeff M

I never deleted it. I dunno bout jeff or Shawn.

EDIT: You talk about that post like it's the holiest of documents. Back off and relax. It's not like the whole thing is gone, just a dumb link from here, and then you go and have the nerve to suggest it was deleted cause people are afraid of doing something?

From the sounds of it, it was Jeff. He didn't want traffic going to the Netavalanche forum. That's just the opinion I got from your post Jeff. Correct me if I'm wrong.

He didn't want traffic going to the Netavalanche forum.

is that really even an issue?

joshua

a preference not a problem
nope, not a issue either.

Jeff M

So you PREFER people not frequent the TGP forum. :lol: Hell I think this thread is giving it more attention that if the link was left up here. 8)

I never deleted it. I dunno bout jeff or Shawn.

EDIT: You talk about that post like it's the holiest of documents. Back off and relax. It's not like the whole thing is gone, just a dumb link from here, and then you go and have the nerve to suggest it was deleted cause people are afraid of doing something?

Good point 8) , that “post†had some good support at the start, but has been dead for almost a month now. Not that taking on such a project is easy, harder when it’s being attempted remotely by different people, great to have a bunch of tech heads talking things through for sure, but the final part/testing and sinking bucks and time into all this is hard to manage remotely to be successful, maybe do what guys I know call a Wrench-Tune Session, maybe the Chicago guys as there seems to be a large group there, that is how a lot of the Syclone and Typhoon guys accelerated their gears to the next level!

Jeff M

So you PREFER people not frequent the TGP forum. :lol: Hell I think this thread is giving it more attention that if the link was left up here. 8)

Hey now, don't be reading more into it than what was said :lol: :) No one can be stopped from going anywhere, and this post has been up for a few hours now, and enjoyed by many :) , soon maybe deleted as per the "preference" as stated before. You are right, this thread will get more attention only because I think people love to find a reason to load the guns :lol: Hopefully we can have a little more low level shooting before it becomes a war :oops:

I apologize for the post being deleted, and I take full blame for it.

When Jeff started as moderator, I told him that I don't like it when people link to other forums on this forum. That said, I failed to let Jeff know that I DO tolerate links to specific posts on other forums. I just don't tolerate posts that act as advertisements to other forums whose sole purpose is to recruit members. I don't go to other W-body forums and say, "hey, go to w-body.com forums, it's much better than this one", so I don't tolerate other people doing it here.

I apologize for the post being deleted, and I take full blame for it.

When Jeff started as moderator, I told him that I don't like it when people link to other forums on this forum. That said, I failed to let Jeff know that I DO tolerate links to specific posts on other forums. I just don't tolerate posts that act as advertisements to other forums whose sole purpose is to recruit members. I don't go to other W-body forums and say, "hey, go to w-body.com forums, it's much better than this one", so I don't tolerate other people doing it here.

Maybe my mistake too, my apologizes too guys (maybe not so much to those who were blasting shot guns right off, just give people a chance!). This is Shawn’s Board, and because of that, his to have run as he prefers (no radical rules here anyways!), I can respect that, and don’t need to question it, it’s a (nice, helpful etc!) privilege to post here (and moderate) and I look at it that way only, not a right! I am just glad to have a place(s) to share successes and work with others.

Thanks Shawn for clearing things up for me too, I am sure everyone is able to understand things, and go on with regular posting!

Jeff M

Guest Anonymous

Now that it's been explained, I don't see the need for further posting in this thread. If anyone needs to say something to a mod about this use the PM feature. It works wonders. Have a good day... :D