913_4se

on a 91 GP with stock small disk brakes whats the best pad's to use to get the best brakes and is there realy a differance using braided brake lines on the rear (does it make the brakes harder)

i don't know what pads are the best, but i will offer some advise on what pads are the worst -- Bosch semi metallic or ceramic

i've written many posts about how much they suck, but in short they're noisy, they vibrate, they have to warm up to be effective, and even then the braking distance is longer than it should be.

I don't know about the braided lines, but on my 88 and 89 with the small brakes, carbon metallic pads were the best. They had the most bite and actually made the car stop decent. Only problem is they wear fast, and kick out a lot, and I mean a LOT of thick black brake dust.

In comparison, semi-metallic pads felt like someone oiled the rotors.

:lol: i know the feeling

actually, there is nothing at all funny about that when a car pulls out in front of you.... :oops:

a LOT of thick black brake dust.

thats what im having on mine and when i need to i dont really think i could stop in time