3800 questions

Cheesy411

alright ive been reading up. il be getting some extra cash soon and after i pay for the ticket i got. Im going to drop a 3800 in my car i want one from a gtp or a regal. now my questions are.

1.are the tranny's the same and if there the same is it in a diffrent spot compared to the 3100 engine

2.what would needed to be changed

3. how hard would it be

I'm assuming you want the Series II 3800. I'm almost positive that the NA 3800 and the 3100 tranny's are the same.

You might need to get the subframe and engine mounts from a 1st gen 3800. you need all the wireing also.

as for hardness, I think it would be harder than a regular engine swap since you need to change a few more things.

I'm assuming you want the Series II 3800. I'm almost positive that the NA 3800 and the 3100 tranny's are the same.

No, the transmission model number and bolt up are different.

You can modify the bell-housing on the 4T60, but it's not going to hold like the 4T65-HD.

When swaping powertrains, make sure to grap everything: engine, tranny, ECM, etc.

- Erik

alright ive been reading up. il be getting some extra cash soon and after i pay for the ticket i got. Im going to drop a 3800 in my car i want one from a gtp or a regal. now my questions are.

1.are the tranny's the same and if there the same is it in a diffrent spot compared to the 3100 engine

2.what would needed to be changed

3. how hard would it be

I happen to have an entire 3800 powerterain incl ecm and harness u can have for cheap from pa....

No, the transmission model number and bolt up are different.

You can modify the bell-housing on the 4T60, but it's not going to hold like the 4T65-HD.

When swaping powertrains, make sure to grap everything: engine, tranny, ECM, etc.

- Erik

The 95-97 NA 3800's had the 4T60E so they should bolt right up, but like you said the 4T65E's have a slightly different bellhousing.

has any one on this forum put a 3800 s/c in a 1994 cutlass, they didnt have any wiring digrams on l67 swap for my year at least i didnt see them. I went to the junk yard today saw some cool canidants, boniville sse engine with 90k for 300 regular 3800 out of a 1997 GP for 200 if i pulled them my self.. also saw a cool 2 dr cutlass international with lotsa good parts, i skeefed a couple sooo if any one is in need of parts i can give ya a list of parts the car has... hit me back