18incholdz

This winter I am going to do my interior over, I am going to start with dying the dashboard and most of the plastic pieces, the only ones that I am not dying are the door panels because they are broken. I would like to have the whole interior done in black leather by spring time. My question is did they make a black leather interior for my car or was it just the charcoal grey? It's a 95 cutlass supreme....I plan on getting a console so i can have leather buckets. Also would a leather interior out of a 1995-1997 grand prix fit in my car?

Oldsmobile's darkest interior is Graphite (REALLY DARK GREY). I am in the process of changing my interior to that (from the light brown/gold color). My car is a 1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme.

You can use most interior pieces from the 1988-1997 FIRST GEN W-BODIES. Even the redesigned Lumina, and Monte Carlo. You can not use anything from the 1997 and newer ones. You could put buick seats, Pontiac console, etc. The only stuff that you can't really use effectively is the door panels, and interior trim pieces. you can use any year of dash, console, and seats.

Example, I have the dash and door panels from a 1993 Cutlass Supreme convertible.

The console is from a 1989 Internation

The seats are from a 1989 Grand Prix (the lumbar seats)

The shifter handel is from a 1994 Buick Regal Gran Sport

the radio is from a 1990-1991 Grand Prix (and i just bought one from a 1996 Chevy Tahoe)

you get the idea.

taylor

get vinyl paint, sandpaper, HEAVY-DUTY CLEANER, and Bulldog adhesion promoter. Clean all of the pieces VERY GOOD, sand them down, clean them again. Spray them with the adhesion promotor (it is a clear stuff that makes the paint stick to the pieces better. If comes in a purple can). Give them a couple of LIGHT coats with the bulldos, and then give them a couple of LIGHT EVEN coats of paint. If you do it right, it will turn out good.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND PAINTING THE PIECES THAT ARE USED A LOT (ex. the armrest, door panels, where the seatbelts go, etc.).

If you do it right, take your time, and are extremly patient, then it will look good.

ALSO!!!!! I do not recommend painting the interior pieces BLACK. Although it looks good, I made the mistake of painting mine black, and even though they looked good, they show up EVERY SINGLE LITTLE SPECK OF DUST THAT LANDS ON THEM!!!!! I have since replaced them with the grphite pieces.

Taylor