Idle Problems

whenever i put my car in park it idles really high and some times the it will rev up then die down and keep doing that. I cant tell what rpm its at because my dash is messed up and the guages are inacurate.If anyone has any ideal what could be causing this. it would be a big help.

thanks john

yeah i have the same problem with my car where i r's higher when i stop then drops down like its gonna die. i took mine in and the told me their computer came up with a lean exhaust gas code. has your car been sucking down gas lately. thats what mine started doing, i put in new plugs nothing there so it might be a exhaust gasket leak. as for your prob if its not sucking down gas look at the crankshaft sensor maybe.

it sucks down the right amount for a turbo car id say. its not the filter because i have it off the car right now. As for the X-pipe if those go bad does it suddenly go bad or does it progress over time because this just suddenly started happening. And last night I was driving the car all of a sudden it jerked. now its like as soon as I make any boost the car doesnt want to take it or take off, and if I realy get into it itll jerk as soon as i come up on boost.I have no clue what it could be.

yeah thats really wierd mine jerks but its because i have bad motor mounts. My car gets like 18 to the gallon so i know thats not right. there was another guy whos car jerked because of a line on his transmission so i dont know if that could be the same for you. he posted it in this forum so if you wanna check that out it could be that.