Wich tranny is best????

GRANDFURY

Hey guy in mis spring or towards the end of spring i'm planning to do a engine and tranny swap. I was thinking of just going with a 3.1 because they are cheap and easy to find. But what tranny is the better one the electric auto or the vaccuumm auto? I can't see myself doing a manual swap altough it would be nice but they are hard to find so wich is the better? What else will I have to change? Oh yeah my car is 1989 GP LE with 2.8 auto. Thanx guys. 8) Oh yeah anyone ever have a shop put in a tranny? If so wats the cost roughly. Thanx 8)

non electric would be easiest because then you can use your ecm you have

back in kc at the shop i worked at we charged 500 for a swap

we didn't do just a install

you can also use your 4t60 thats in there now if it is in working order

good luck

i would stay with the 4t60 thats in there if it works, or another 4t60. also you can use your existing harness and ecm and just get a prom from a 3.1 car up to 92. i would shy away from the 4t60-e because #1 i have both and would rather diagnose a mechanical problem than a solenoid failure, and #2 swapping the E trans would require a new engine harness

alright thanx guys, my tranny is getting kinda rough I think 289,500 KM on it roughly fluid is changed regulary but it shifts kinda rough now. Anyone know a tranny rebiuld price ??? Thanx again 8)

Sweet so my stock tranny will work with a series one 3.8. Cool I just found one on a local yards website for 350 bucks, 60 buck for the computer, what else would I need? Axles? I know i will need all altenator and power steering crap but what else. They don't have any 3.1's so thats why i'm leaning toward this. The 3.8 is reliable right?