Convertible Top Switch

Mstg007

I have some more dumb questions if you do not mind.

I need to get a new switch for my convertible top (I believe this is my problem);

Does GM sell them and how much?,

I saw one on Ebay for around 99.00 (that sounds crazy, but could be wrong)

------

Can I get a generic switch to fit inside the console?

------

How hard is it to rebuild the switch I currently have in the car? (One side of the switch button works, just not the other side).

Thanks for all the help!

'94 and '95 use a different switch, the interior of the car was redesigned for '95.

Are you certain the problem is the switch, and not the top relay? There are separate relays for "up", and "down" operation. The relays themselves are identical, though, so it's easy to swap the relays, and see if the problem moves with the relay.

One possibility...Judco is the manufacturer of that switch and they're still in business. I think if you email them they might replace it for a fee, $23 is what they were charging for the dome light switch. I doubt they still make it so they won't sell you a new one, but, at least with the dome light switch, they were willing to replace it if you sent them the old one.

I haven't tried it with the top switch but that's how I got started with the dome light switches. I had so many to replace that eventually they got tired of dealing with me and I convinced them to remake it and sell me a large quantity...

• 5 years later...
On 3/23/2015 at 7:28 AM, Mstg007 said:

I took it apart and all the prices fell out. So I slowly put it back together. Boom it worked.

Can you tell me how you fixed it. I am having the same issue. I have 2 big springs and 1 small. Just don't know where they go. Can you advise me. That's be awesome. 

My switch was sometimey when I first got the car. I sprayed the hell out of it with CRC Electrical Contact Cleaner. I didn't even take the switch out of the dash. I just stuck the little straw against the gap between the switch and its surround and let 'er rip. Then I just worked the switch back and forth for about 30 seconds and I have had no further issues with it.