left lane bandits`

Brian P

keepright.jpg llb-volvo.jpg "Slower traffic keep right" is, by far, the most ignored road rule (next to the speed limits, that is) in my area. During my daily commutes, I run into several of these so-called "left lane bandits" without fail. Some are far more ignorant than others, and by this point, only the real jerky ones end up on the idiot page. In the above picture, you see an innocent-looking red late-model Volvo. Well, contary to what the picture shows, the driver of that car was a raging left-lane bandit. Not only did he get passed up on the right several times before I finally snapped the picture and then passed him myself, but he cut me off when he initially entered the left lane. He inexplicably jerked his car in front of me without signaling, so I figured he would either make the left turn at the light we were approaching, or speed up and pass all the traffic in the right lane. But alas, that was not the case; he just decided to cut me off because he wanted to be in the left lane right then and there.

Anyway, the moral of the story is that if you are not passing traffic, you stay out of the far left lane. It's a very basic concept and is very simple to do. If you're one of those road vigilantes who thinks they're doing the right thing by slowing people down, here's a news flash: you're actually creating a more dangerous situation, and you are breaking the law regardless! If you block up the left lane, people will begin passing you on the right. And as we all know (or should know), passing on the right is more dangerous than passing using the designated passing lane, because people passing on the right risk interfering with slower and/or merging traffic. This is one of the exact reasons that "slower traffic keep right" is a law. So, when people start riding your ass, flashing their brights, or passing you on the right, take a hint and get out of the left lane. You will be doing yourself and everyone else a favor by obeying this simple rule, and as a bonus, people won't view you as a rude, poor-driving jerkoff. But hey, if anyone reading this still thinks that crawling along in the passing lane is the right thing to do, that's fine too... just don't be surprised if you find yourself being ridiculed like the guy in the picture at the top of this page.

*this taken from http://driving.lamer.net/llb.html it makes damn good sense

[/img]

I don't want to offend anyone...I'm not pointing out anyone...but here in Canada...

I hate it when the americans...Again...not everyone...but some.

Some to Canada...and they will not get into the right lane...Will not...EVER

EVER EVER EVER

I lived in a boarder town for 14 years

and now I live only 30 minutes from there...In an area where all the local boarder crossing bottle neck to get to Hamilton or Toronto...so I have alot of americans come thru...and they fuck everything up...They will not get over...EVER...

this post explains the problem in my home state of CT. if you've ever been on I-95, you'll know what i speak of. it's so bad that the right lane has become the passing lane in most spots. :roll: ridiculous.

Please dont get me started on that one. Here in NJ im actaully very suprised i see very little of this. its more common on 4-lane state roads rather than highways here....If left lane dicks bother you, do not EVER EVER EVER GOTO FLORIDA. Not only do about 50% of the people intentionally drive slow in the left lane, but about 75% of all drivers there are old (and drive slower than a geo metro 3-cyl that wont come out of 1st gear)so not only is this 50% of people being left lane dicks driving slow, but they are driving SLOWER than the slow crowd. The average speed limit down there is 35MPH...on a SIX LANE COUNTY ROAD - unbelievable. Yet on the highways most speed limits ive seen are 65-70MPH and i dont see people go slower than 90 on there....hmm, are there invisible speed bumps on the county roads that im not aware of? Even my own grandma consistently makes sure she is always in the left lane <sigh> :gone2far:

Yes, it's almost always older people that like to drive slow in the left lane. WTF is up with that? Did the right lane used to be the legal passing lane in the old days when these peope got their driver's license?

Here in MO it's so widespread, I pass on the right all the time.

Also, there are those idiots that don't use the acceleration lane to accelerate. They either have to stop at the end to find a space big enough to pull into from a stop (holding up traffic behind them) or they pull onto the highway at 30mph causing everyone on the highway to have to hit the brakes.

Also, there are those idiots that don't use the acceleration lane to accelerate. They either have to stop at the end to find a space big enough to pull into from a stop (holding up traffic behind them) or they pull onto the highway at 30mph causing everyone on the highway to have to hit the brakes.

God I hate it when people do that...

another thing that's similar to that.. A 4 lane road (2 on each side), with a single center turn lane. Almost everyday I'll be driving, and some impatient idiot will pull out from an adjacent intersection, and merge in to the center turn lane until the lane they choose to be in is free.... What freaks me, is that you don't know if these people see you coming in the lane their about to turn in.. why can't they wait at the intersection for a bit longer till the traffic subsides? Grrr :x

whenever i'm speeding in left lane (which is almost always -- your should come down to so cal, the easiest place to speed) and a car comes from behind obviously going a *bit* faster, i always speed up passing whatever car there may be in the right lane and then quickly turn into that lane.

i wish more people would do that for me. :(

isnt it true if enough reports are made to the cops with license #, they'll do something about the driver?? a fond memory is one time i was slowly going over rail roads and this old old couple passed me on left side illegally (yes a old couple!!) so i drove on and as i sat idling behind them at a red light, i made it look like i was writing down their license number. the driverr was looking at me thru his rearview mirror the whole time. then as we made our turn, i drove up alongside them and showed them the paper and he lost it! he was fuming! you've never seen a senior citizen as mad as he was!!!!!! the funny thing is: i never had a pen the whole time :twisted: aww, dont i love it when revenge is sweeeeeeet

now a plan to piss off the left lane bandits......................

Solution to all your problems:

Buy a caprice classic from the 80s(or any other titanic on wheels) and weld the bumper absorbers so they are basically just a big piece of metal, and when someone gets in ure way...just give them a nice "love" tap.

It is legal to pass on the right in Michigan 8) But it still pisses me off when people do that stuff on passing lanes on country highways...or when one truck takes the whole passing lane to get by another truck.

haha..you really wanna fix it...

get the same ole land boat. Instead of a cushy bumper...put for huge fu*kin spike off the front...maybe some kinda skull on the hood. Turn your exaust manifolds upward so they pop out the hood.

Makin it real loud.

then take a drive up and down the highway like that...don't hit anyone...just let them know your there.

Then go back home...get your Toy of choice...and enjoy the NOONE that will be brave enuf to hit the highway after that.

MAD MAX Style

haha..you really wanna fix it...

get the same ole land boat. Instead of a cushy bumper...put for huge fu*kin spike off the front...maybe some kinda skull on the hood. Turn your exaust manifolds upward so they pop out the hood.

Makin it real loud.

then take a drive up and down the highway like that...don't hit anyone...just let them know your there.

Then go back home...get your Toy of choice...and enjoy the NOONE that will be brave enuf to hit the highway after that.

MAD MAX Style

WELL PUT

even more direct, get a banner than spans across the windshield tintban that sez in reverse letters (viewable in a rearview mirror of car in front of you) "GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY..." Then get a bug deflector also in reverse letters that sez "...YOU MORON" if they dont immediatley move out of the way, lay on the horn for approximately 10 seconds. this will grab their attention and they will see and most likley friggin move, i know i would. I challenge anyone to do this and tell me how long it takes for them to get pulled over.

speaking of laying on the horn, i noticed my car has 2 horns. and no im not talking about the two buttons on the wheel, there are two acutal horns. i mean dont get me wrong, i love the increased obnoxiousness it provides. ever hear an import horn?? hahaha you may as well not beep if you have one of those cuz people will just laugh. the worst import horns ive heard are geo/chevy prism, i guess the corolla's is the same too. isuzu rodeo (i forget what year fairly new like 97 98) and most integras

ismellrealbad, you do know that and you might find yourself looking at the open end of a .38 special or worse!!! :shock: :shock: ... You know, the real probelm with people these days is ... THEY DON'T CARE!!! :x They feel that it's a public roadway and they have every right to be whereever they want... I have confronted several people who are left lane bandits.... And they say stuff like, "If you are going faster then me then you are breaking the law , not me soooo Fu*K off...." or "I have every right to be whereever I please." Blah Blah blah.... :roll:

I can sometimes see where people from other countries (Middle East to be exact) think that Americans or Westerners are all arrogant.. Because of the way a few act.... Same goes the other way around .... Westerners think that alll Middle Easterners are Islamic Terrorist because of a few suicidal Maniacs... Ohhh well, :roll: Isn't that what makes the world go round? :roll: :shock:

well, if they are gunna shoot from their car im prolly gunna notice and duck. if we're at a stoplight and they get out im prolly gunna notice and duck. im sure something else can happen but i dont really worry about getting shot at that much. nowadays i prolly should but oh well

exactly. itsa joke, but its a joke with a message. if people are going to be that fucking arrogent with their driving that it takes something like what i said to get them to move, then that should convey some sort of message. And if they are gunna bust a cap in my ass over it, ill just pray i live cuz ill be getting a nice settlement of cash from that pussy

fuck them if they cant take a joke

fuckin right. I live by that motto everyday at my shop.

there mus t be alot of FUCKING GOING ON THERE because I know alot of people that cant take a Joke......

legalize pot?? hmm sounds fun.....whats pot? I mean marijawana BTY I cant spell worth a damn must be from when I was younger LOL :rocking: .....